Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing the V7.5 Software

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamAir View Post
    I tried as you suggested and it indicated that I already had the most recent version installed on my system. Any other ideas?
    Make sure you also install the V8 software (and do the check for updates on the V8 software),then run the V8 ScanAndTune software and click on the [Check Firmware] button. That will verify your FlashScan device has the correct firmware and if not will allow you to update it.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Having some difficulty monitoring data (error $80) in the scan tool and was wondering if any of you folks would be able to point me in the right direction.

Was previously using EFI Live Scan/Tune V7.5.5 Build 88 and just installed Scan/Tune 7.5.7 Build 211 on a new computer. Also updated my FlashScan V2 tool firmware to 2.5. I can read DTC's in the scan tool and read the cals on the Duramax LB7 ECM in the tune tool - so I think upgraded version of EFI Live is registered correctly and talking to the ECM, but when I try to monitor data of the Duramax PID I'm getting error $80 (attached). Does this look familiar to anyone out here? Just want to make sure everything is working correctly before I perform a full flash the current stock cals to the DSP5 tunes.

Thx,
    Jonathan
    Attached Files Attached Files

See post #1 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

Since installing build 211, when I open the scantool, all PIDs show as unsupported except CALC pids. When I connect to the car, they change over to supported status. Then they log normally (except my LM-1 AFR pid). After I close the program and re-open, they show as unsupported again. I'm using Flashcan V1.

I've validated my PIDs more than once, and the VIN, Operating System, and auto trans show up correctly. What gives?
    2000 Formula: 12212156, bolt-ons, 3600 stall, 3.42's.

Quote Originally Posted by RevGTO View Post
    Since installing build 211, when I open the scantool, all PIDs show as unsupported except CALC pids. When I connect to the car, they change over to supported status. Then they log normally (except my LM-1 AFR pid). After I close the program and re-open, they show as unsupported again. I'm using Flashcan V1.

I've validated my PIDs more than once, and the VIN, Operating System, and auto trans show up correctly. What gives?
    When the scantool is opened and not connected to vehicle, try entering the VIN (File->Enter VIN) and selecting the controller (File->Select Controller).

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymoto View Post
    but when I try to monitor data of the Duramax PID I'm getting error $80
    Thx,
    Jonathan
    It is most likely the same issue as reported/discussed here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....882#post178882

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Tracked the issue to an [aftermarket] radio likely throwing noise out onto the CAN bus; pulled the fuse and can now reliably connect to the PCM and read PIDs. Should have ruled that one out before raising the red flag. Thanks for the help nonetheless!

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When the scantool is opened and not connected to vehicle, try entering the VIN (File->Enter VIN) and selecting the controller (File->Select Controller).
    I've done this and all non-calc pids continue to show up as unsupported. Every time I open Enter VIN, though, I notice that the operating system window is blank, no matter how many times I enter it. Operating system shows up correctly in the Tune Tool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RevGTO View Post
    I've done this and all non-calc pids continue to show up as unsupported. Every time I open Enter VIN, though, I notice that the operating system window is blank, no matter how many times I enter it. Operating system shows up correctly in the Tune Tool, though.
    You also have to enter the OS id.

I've done so many times over to no effect.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast