Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Installing the V8 Software

I was trying to update from firmware version 2.04.72 and boot block 2.04.10. I started by updating to firmware using instructions from EFI live dated March 12 2010. But I could not find all the previous firmware’s and boot blocks to follow the sequence of updates listed in the instructions. So I jumped to firmware v 2.07.140 and when I went to do the boot block the FSv2 was unresponsive. So I figured I needed to do what Blacky said in post #155.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan74 View Post
    I was trying to update from firmware version 2.04.72 and boot block 2.04.10. I started by updating to firmware using instructions from EFI live dated March 12 2010. But I could not find all the previous firmware’s and boot blocks to follow the sequence of updates listed in the instructions. So I jumped to firmware v 2.07.140 and when I went to do the boot block the FSv2 was unresponsive. So I figured I needed to do what Blacky said in post #155.
    I'm not actually sure you could program V2.07.140 firmware into the V2 with a 2.04.10 bootblock - I'd suggest that step would fail. It's Saturday here so I can't elevate your support request until Monday. My suggestion in the mean time would be follow the recovery steps word for word - power up the V2 in boot mode, reprogram the V2.05.15(0326) firmware and then move forward from there.

All of the recovery & update from 2.04/2.05 firmware and boo tblocks are located in the same location as the ReadMe.txt file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery directory.

Cheers
    Cindy

Ill give that a shot. In the meantime here is what made me think I had updated. But currently it's all N/A as I can't get it to fully Boot up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFI Live Capture (2).PNG 
Views:	219 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	23447  

When I follow those instructions, the all I see is the EFI Live splash page and the Blue LED when I get to step 3, I cant get to the main menu on the Flash Scan. Since step 3 is an "IF" statement, I figure I can press on to step 4 but when I click Program all I get is Error: $0001: USB device not connected
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200808_110202.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	23448  

Great news, I fingered it out! Since I had booie-ware recent enough, 2.04.008 I think, I was able to go ahead and update to the 3rd FW packaged with the recovery files.

Damn, I've been a member here for a long time now. I guess I just won't earn my participation trophy here, will I?
    Last edited by ThunderDan74; August 8th, 2020 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Deleted tapa talk S9 free ad. They didn't pay me for that

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan74 View Post
    I guess I just won't earn my participation trophy here, will I?
    Ahh, here ya go... found this down the back of the couch...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFI_Trophy.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	23457

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Nice. I'd like to thank the flying spaghetti monster for this award. His noodley appendage hath touched me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So I am completely new to the tuning world of Diesel. I just bought the EFI Live Autocal V3. My truck is deleted which is what lead me to this tuner. I downloaded the software and everything else that I am suppose to do per instructions...or so I thought. I plugged the tuner in and it only shows Stock & Towing options for flash. I can't select anything else. There is the tune section that shows Stock, Economy, Tow, Performace and something else...but I get an error code every time I try to select any of these options. My tuner seems very limited in what I can and can't do which leads me to believe that I am missing something. Is there someone that can help me out?
    Thanks!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Hi Strozzi,

You are possibly missing purpose of an AutoCal device. You cannot create/edit tunes for you truck using an AutoCal device. For that you would need a FlashScan device.

An AutoCal device is simply a delivery mechanism to allow a professional tuner to deliver tunes to his/her customers. you would need to contact the tuner that supplied the AutoCal and the tunes on the AutoCal for one or more tunes that are suitable for your truck.

You can read more about AutoCal here:
    https://content.efilive.com/document...er%20Guide.pdf

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Blacky,
    I'm not trying to create or edit any tunes. With the V3 when I go into the Tune and select my features, it gives me options of stock, economy, tow, performance etc. Before delete I ran a smarty JR67 which also had the preloaded features, so I could select one and it would tune my truck. My mechanic ordered me this so that I could switch what tune I want to function with depending on what I'm doing.
    Strozzi-

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast