Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Installing the V8 Software

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

"$0025 cant get semaphore for control of efi_hapi" usually means the device is busy (i.e. being re-programmed with new firmware) when you tried to access it from the V8 software. Ot that the firmware re-programming did not complete successfully.

Try programming the firmware again like this:
    Power up V2 while holding down the Ctrl key on the keypad to start it up in dead-poll mode (two orange LEDs flashing).
    Use EFILive Explorer to program in the V2.07.xxx firmware - wait until it competes (30 seconds to 1 minute) and the V2 device should reboot automatically - after that it should be fully functional.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I have tried again. the v2 connects and I can get the info off it by pressing the refresh button. then it erases and programs, but 2/3 of the way through rebooting it stops...... I wait 3-4 minutes then it says that it was successful.... I press ok.... but explorer is frozen(not responding)

After reprogramming the V2 firmware does the V2 display its normal menu on its screen? Or does it stay in dead-poll mode with the two orange LEDs flashing?
    If it shows the normal menu, can you tell me the boot block and firmware version numbers that are displayed on V2's screen in the option: F4: Options -> F3: About -> F1: Firmware Details
    If it stays in dead-poll mode then the firmware upgrade did not complete successfully - regardless of what message is displayed on the screen.

when I'm programming the orange lights stop flashing.... the screen never says anything

Is it possible (way back in the beginning) that you performed the internal boot block update on your V2 (the one that ended with the back-light going out) while the firmware in the device was V2.04.70 or V2.04.71?
    The boot block upgrade only works correctly if you're V2 device was running V2.04.72 firmware prior to the boot block update attempt.

It sounds like that may have been the case.

In that case you will need to carefully and accurately follow the recovery procedure outlined in the Read Me.txt file in the recovery folder.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	recovery.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	23250

I think its dead. I didn't know the boot block level when I started. at least I don't remember what it was now. Either way I have had the v2 since 2007ish so I guess I cant complain. Im not sure what I will get next. I need something, though. Thank you very much for you help it is appreciated.

Success!!!!! I came into work this morning and started over completely. I went through the recovery and the v2 came back too life. It took a few attempts but i was able to get the correct boot block and firmware on the unit and then it worked perfectly. I purchased a couple licenses and was able to read and write to the ecm. a big stress is lifted. Thank you again to Blacky for helping me out.

Lifetime Member

Glad to hear it!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Im having a problem with the recovery. It will go into the Pole Mode and I can update the Firmware to the ...(0326).efw, I think. But when I try to start on the boot block the program says error 0001, says usb not connected. The FSV2 is unresponsive and only shows the splash page and the center blue led is steady on.

Umm help?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan74 View Post
    Im having a problem with the recovery. It will go into the Pole Mode and I can update the Firmware to the ...(0326).efw, I think. But when I try to start on the boot block the program says error 0001, says usb not connected. The FSV2 is unresponsive and only shows the splash page and the center blue led is steady on.

Umm help?
    Can you please post the firmware version you are trying to program again - the version number does not look right.

The public release version is V2.07.140 (May 26, 2019)
    The beta release version is V2.07.163 (June 24, 2020)

You should only be truing to program one of those into the device. You can check what firmware is in the install you are attempting to use by opening EFILive Explorer and navigating to the Firmware tab. Use the drop down on the file name box to see which version you are trying to program.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast