Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing the V8 Software

You can download from the main efilive page.

http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

If you've updated v8 through the software then you should have v8 build 258.
    If this is the case, download the matching v7 which is build 262.

Both are the July 19 release.

Oh.... I didn't realize that you also had to download efi v7, I thought I allready had that!

Yes download and install both V7 and V8...

V7 provides the scantool/tunetool that you use for tuning (creating log correction maps).

V8 provides V2 BBL/BBR/BBF... in the future it will provide the ability to create log maps and edit tune files.

Hi there im having troubles with my efilive for my 05 yyl duramax. Iv tried to update my v2 to the new 8.2 but every computer iv tried comes up with an error code. 7.5 works fine but the 8.2 wont even start uploading any help would

Hi there im having troubles with my efilive for my 05 yyl duramax. Iv tried to update my v2 to the new 8.2 but every computer iv tried comes up with an error code. 7.5 works fine but the 8.2 wont even start uploading any help would be appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadams View Post
    Hi there im having troubles with my efilive for my 05 yyl duramax. Iv tried to update my v2 to the new 8.2 but every computer iv tried comes up with an error code. 7.5 works fine but the 8.2 wont even start uploading any help would
    What error code...?

Post some screenshots so I can see what is happening...

After you installed V7 and V8 software from here did you configure V2...?

See here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

Im also have communication issues with V2 flashscan tool. Ive got version v7.5.7 build 268 and on v8.2.2 build 262. This all started when I just tried purchasing a license and redirected me to using v8 software. Error message No device connected please connect a flashcan or autocal usb device. If a device is connected ensure that it is not being used by another application such as the efilive v7.5 scan or tune software. I do have flashcan connected to usb on laptop and running windows 7 and have shut off and turned on computer after downloads and same symptom. Any help would be appreciated.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97power View Post
    Im also have communication issues with V2 flashscan tool. Ive got version v7.5.7 build 268 and on v8.2.2 build 262. This all started when I just tried purchasing a license and redirected me to using v8 software. Error message No device connected please connect a flashcan or autocal usb device. If a device is connected ensure that it is not being used by another application such as the efilive v7.5 scan or tune software. I do have flashcan connected to usb on laptop and running windows 7 and have shut off and turned on computer after downloads and same symptom. Any help would be appreciated.
    Is your V2 running firmware that is V2.04.xx or older? In that case you'll need to follow the instructions in the document: Start-All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading FlashScan.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for info. Tried performing what you suggested and unable to upgrade flashscan. Apparently when I check firmware version tab on control panel v8 software, it wont communicate with flashscan to give me current version of firmware and bootblock, but flashscan does power up and works fine in v7 software mode with pre-existing tunes. When I started to purchase a new tune it refered me to using v8 software for purchase so I installed v8 software and was unable to get it to communicate with flashscan to purchase license. Which brings me to this little dilema. Any other advice appreciated. P.S. Im not the most computer savy person. Been using previous software with no real big issues until new software was implented.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If you FlashScan device has firmware V2.04.xx or earlier, it cannot communicate with any EFILive V8 software, it must be updated to V2.05.xx or later. So you need to use the V7.5 software to upgrade it to V2.05.xx or later.

Run the V7 firmware update software: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->EFILive Firmware Programmer.
    Click on the [Status] button. That should show you the current firmware version (if you firmware version is V2.04.xx or earlier).
    If the firmware version is NOT V2.04.72, then click the [...] button and open the FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw file, then click the [Program] button to update your firmware to V2.04.72 then perform the internal boot block upgrade
    If the firmware version is already V2.04.72. then close the EFILive Firmware Programmer program and perform the internal boot block upgrade

To perform the internal boot block upgrade:
    Select the FlashScan menu options: F4 Options -> F1 Licensing -> F4 Upgrade Bootblock.

The document I pointed to in my previous post explains in detail how to perform the internal boot block upgrade and the additional steps you must perform after the boot block is upgraded. Please read it and follow the instructions carefully.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast