Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing the V8 Software

I tried doing what it said it the recovery text. I can put it into dead poll mode, and I can update the firmware,but I still have no response from the v2 it also is now saying that hapi and firmware are not compatible $0030

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When you say "no response" from the V2 do you mean after updating the firmware it stays in dead-poll mode with the two orange LEDs flashing?
    Or do you mean the V2 is fully functional but just won't communicate with the V8 software?
    Before asking for help, please read this.

it wont communicate with the v8 software. it say the bootblock is 2.05.008 and the firmware is version (0.00.000)

Now that you have boot block V2.05.xxx you need to continue updating it until you get to V2.07.xxx
    Follow the instructions in the first document I linked to: Upgrading FlashScan.pdf

the buttons on the v2 don't do anything and the screen is dark, can I still do that?

That sounds like you have just performed the internal boot block update that updates you from V2.04.xxx to V2.05.xxx.
    The dark (un-backlit) display probably shows something like "Boot block update in progress do not interrupt".
    That stage is explained on page 5 of the upgrade document (sorry no page numbers, you'll just have to count the pages).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbupdate.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	23248

The boot block update process only takes about 5 seconds, the LCD back light is switched off to indicate that the boot block update process is complete.
    You can power cycle the V2 device to bring it back to normal functionality.

Please follow the rest of the instructions in that document to continue updating the firmware (and boot block) until they get to V2.07.xxx

it says nothing on the screen... it did say bbot block update do not int...... but it said that for an hr and a half. that was 6hrs ago.... I have been working on this since 10am its 8pm now. I am afraid my v2 is junk.
    I have a truck sitting on the dyno to tune. Is there another way to get tech support ?

Remove power from the V2.
    Hold down the Ctrl button on V2's keypad and power it up again.
    That should put it into dead-poll mode (two flashing orange LEDs - nothing on the screen).
    From there, follow the instructions in the upgrade document, starting at this page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fwupdate.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	23249

Th page prior to that explains how to update the boot block.

Right now your device has boot block V2.05.xxx
    Essentially what you need to do is
    1. Use EFILive Explorer to get program matching firmware V2.05.xxx firmware into the device, that will allow the device to run normally so you can update the boot block from v2.05.xxx to V2.07.xxx.
    2. While it is running normally, use EFILive Explorer to program in the latest boot block (V2.07.xxx).
    3. After programming the latest boot block it will go back into dead-poll mode (it always goes back into dead poll after programming a new boot block).
    4. Use EFILive Explorer to get program matching firmware V2.07.xxx firmware into the device.

Unfortunately our office is closed due to the covid-19 lock down. Regardless even if the office was open there is no tech phone support out of New Zealand.
    You could try logging a tech support help desk ticket but given that I am online right now, this is the quickest way to get tech support at the moment.

ok that seemed to work but the v2 is still dead looking. the firmware said it was 2.07.140 after I pressed refresh and it seemed to program. Now if it try to open v8 I get "$0025 cant get semaphore for control of efi_hapi"
    I appreciate your help.... computer problems make me insanely though.... I generally am a transmission builder but I tune and dyno as well

im not sure why it put an imogi in that

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast