Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modified DFCO settings - not getting expected results

Default Modified DFCO settings - not getting expected results

I finally decided to modify my DFCO settings and tables. After making some changes (suggestions made by TAQuickness) I went out and did some testing and logging on my work commute. I'm getting some unexpected behavior. Maybe I just don't have a full grasp of how it all works and someone can help me. Check out the information.

Here are my settings.

I have attached my tune file and log file if that helps as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

With that said, I went and logged. It seemed like the DFCO wasn't turning on when I thought it should have, and it did not seem consistant. Here are some plots from my log.

Turning on like I expected.

Not turning on like I thought it should have.

Not turning on like I thought it should have.

Turnin on like I expected.

I cannot figure out why it did not turn on those two times in the screen shots. There was about 100 other times I purposely let off on the highway to try and test it and it didn't turn on like i would have expected. If someone can show me that light that would be excellent!

Another question, why am I getting anywhere from -6 to -10 degrees of timing when DFCO activates. My DFCO timing table shows nothing in the negative.

I think because the AF goes so lean after a shift due to the dfco.

I really don't know too much though, I know why it was happening to me but I never had any luck with getting it straightened out. Car still runs like crap, annoying as hell

I think someone replied that at least I'll be saving fuel, which I appreciated.

Probably tell you to look at a tutorial or something
    97 MN6 vette, Vortek, BBK 80 FAST 78 manifold, 42# racetronix, lingenfelter edlebrock heads 202cc, 228 232 .622 .630 111+2, patriot dual ex, yt roller rockers, lg pro, now with cats, .041 Mr. Gasket (cometic leaked), 62cc head, ~60 cc chambers, custom built coilovers, ADDCO sway bars

I tried setting the activation tempature for the dfco peramiters to 300 deg C or something

I never saw a way to turn it off.

Let me know if you find out.
    97 MN6 vette, Vortek, BBK 80 FAST 78 manifold, 42# racetronix, lingenfelter edlebrock heads 202cc, 228 232 .622 .630 111+2, patriot dual ex, yt roller rockers, lg pro, now with cats, .041 Mr. Gasket (cometic leaked), 62cc head, ~60 cc chambers, custom built coilovers, ADDCO sway bars

Quote Originally Posted by NASABlue View Post
    I think because the AF goes so lean after a shift due to the dfco.

I really don't know too much though, I know why it was happening to me but I never had any luck with getting it straightened out. Car still runs like crap, annoying as hell

I think someone replied that at least I'll be saving fuel, which I appreciated.

Probably tell you to look at a tutorial or something
    While I wholeheartedly appreciate your attempt to help me, you didn't really address my concerns. I understand what DFCO is for, and why I want it, its just not reacting as I'd expect. I know you're frusturated by not getting much help here, but like all things its a learning process. Many of your questions can be answered by searching. Sadly for me, I couldn't find anything addressing my questions.

I know, just trying to keep you up at the top while I'm monitering my post for responses.

I always find it's nice to have company rather than wait alone. I really did try the dfco turn off and wasn't trying to be an ass. I'm just trying to have some humor about the situation and though if I chimed in with my attempt and experience it would prompt someone to help because two people are looking to do the same thing. I totally respect your post and won't respond anymore.

Best of luck on this and have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doe View Post
    Another question, why am I getting anywhere from -6 to -10 degrees of timing when DFCO activates. My DFCO timing table shows nothing in the negative.
    That will be due to table B3336
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Quote Originally Posted by johnv View Post
    That will be due to table B3336
    Let me reiterate. That table does not show any values that are less than zero, however I'm still getting negative values for timing.

What are the values in B5915?
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast