Thread: can .tun files get corrupted?

Default can .tun files get corrupted?

so I'm getting ready to do a flash and I pull up my tune I've been working on and it gives me an out of range error for the cranking VE table....well the range according to efilive is 0-10 and my values are all the same around 2.1, no red boxes, I even lowered it back to stock which was all about 1.8, and refreshed but it still gave me an out of range error....so I ended up pulling up an old tune and re-creating the changes and re-doing the .tun file for the flash, got done, saved it under a different file name, no error. flashed the new file, everything works fine.

I'm guessing it was just the data in the file that got corrupted somehow, anyone ever ran into this? what would cause this? laptop is clean, no problems or viruses or anything of the sort when I scanned it, I only use it for tuning.

strange.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It can happen on older versions of the software. I can't recall the exact procedure but it had to do with changing the VE units in between editing and saving the data. It is fixed in the latest release (V7.5.4 build 64).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It can happen on older versions of the software. I can't recall the exact procedure but it had to do with changing the VE units in between editing and saving the data. It is fixed in the latest release (V7.5.4 build 64).

Regards
    Paul
    thanks Paul, I actually saw the updated version after it happened and installed it.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos