Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LMM Programming History & CVN's Explained

Can anyone tell me can they tell how long or when the tunes were installed?
    2008 crew cab LTZ, turbo back 4", EFI and some other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    The point I am making is that others have already made work arounds available. Others will follow.
    If it becomes common amongst tuners then we will follow too, but right now we don't know the impact of this 'bypass'. I'd rather not be the one poking the hornets nest right now thanks.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If it becomes common amongst tuners then we will follow too, but right now we don't know the impact of this 'bypass'. I'd rather not be the one poking the hornets nest right now thanks.

Cheers,
    Ross

Cheers,
    Ross

Ross thanks for working hard on all of are needs with EFI, kicking the hornets nest is not what we need. Nice info on LLM and what we can all exspect down the road, I have a LBZ and hope your right on tracking LMMS only by GM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    <
    2015 Z06 A8

Oh and by waiting for others to test the water doesn't mean waiting to see how it's done. Spoofing CRC's is common enough, it's not exactly 1+1 maths, but it's possible to do.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well, we can clear it, it's been done here on our test LMM ECM, part of the 'fun' was the challenge of being able to do it.
    But I sat back and thought about what could result from allowing people to do it and really no good can come from it.

If you have made a change to 'just' the speedo section to adjust for wheel sizes then you should be safe with GM as the ECM will only store that the Speedo segment was changed. It is that smart, it knows what segment was changed.

I also understand in your situation bdr2008 that you would want it cleared.
    I don't want to shelve the idea of doing it, but so far the only thing I can see it doing is getting EFILive sued or GM making it 10 times harder to program these vehicles. Currently compared to other manufacturers GM have made it reasonably open for programming, they could turn that around very fast, especially using Bosch ECM's.
    Have a look what the Europeans have to do to program some of the Bosch ECM's -
    http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/bdm/default.asp
    Yep, remove the bottom cover every time they want to program something as the OBD-II programming system the BMW's etc use is impossible to hack. GM could always go down that path too.

We will be at SEMA this year so I am sure we will get a feel for what we should do from users and industry people...GM have a stand there right!

Cheers,
    Ross

So could a guy just reprogram 10 times with different tire size each time.......

Quote Originally Posted by schuter View Post
    So could a guy just reprogram 10 times with different tire size each time.......

no I dont think so because that would only change the speedometer segment...? I might be totally wrong

ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

It does seem to be hit and miss when it logs a change (which is weird), if you changed the speedo segment 10 times then 'in theory' that should work, but I found that sometimes it didn't seem to log a change to other segments.

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Would you guys ever have the ability to read the last 10 cals with EFI live?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast