Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LMM Programming History & CVN's Explained

CVN display is being written in to V2's firmware right now, I'll see if Paul might be able to add that too.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Thanks guys!
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Sorry, but CVN display on the V2 didn't make it in to the next release, next time.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    I did a back to back test today where I flashed a core LMM ECM with TIS and recorded the programming history. When the core ECM was installed in a truck, the programming history remained unchanged, meaning the core's programming history was there and did not match the history in the trucks original ECM, which had been previously violated with EFILive.

Flashing the core ECM with EFILive and a non-stock cal yielded a non-GM CVN #.

Flashing the ECM back to a stock cal using EFILive, yielded a factory CVN #.

However, flashing the ECM multiple times with a stock cal, doesn't increment the history count or listing.

What would happen if you were to alternate between two legal stock CALS? Could you then end up with the CVN history looking something like this?

AAAAA
    BBBBB
    AAAAA
    BBBBB
    AAAAA
    BBBBB
    AAAAA
    BBBBB
    AAAAA
    BBBBB
    I wonder if that would work.

Probably might, then you would need to explain why your ECM has had so many different factory tunes programmed in to it.

That should not work, but I can give it a try. The information I heard states the engine cal OS CVN only gets written, if it is not one of the last 10 in memory

Well, I can tell you that there is STILL a bug in the way TechII displays the CVN v's the segment, the numbers are jumbled compared to the order shown on CalID. You need to do this crazy cross reference to match up the segment to the CVN.
    I'm sure in my testing I have also seen speedo segement updates be recorded in the history list, though for some reason that does seem hit and miss too.

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by 1998ws6 View Post
    That should not work, but I can give it a try. The information I heard states the engine cal OS CVN only gets written, if it is not one of the last 10 in memory
    It is possible that it may not write a CVN if it already exists, but I would think that at the very least, the current Cal (the last one programmed) and its corresponding CVN would be the last one showing.

It sure would be interesting to see what would happen in a situation where two stock cals are alternated.

If this works and they asked why the same two cals so many times, one could say that you were testing driveability differences between the two cals.

Those of you worried about this please note that we stock the 2007.5-2010 ECM's by the CASE at a rate considerably lower than dealer cost and lower than others selling used ones as cores! If you need an ECM we'll be happy to flash one to OEM specs with the up to the minute release for your use as a spare or one to tune so you can save your stock one for dealer trips.

We picked up a TON of these just for this issue so if you need one please let us know!
    www.ECUoutlet.com
    New ECU's of all types,
    at salvage prices!

Quote Originally Posted by ECUoutlet.com View Post
    Those of you worried about this please note that we stock the 2007.5-2010 ECM's by the CASE at a rate considerably lower than dealer cost and lower than others selling used ones as cores! If you need an ECM we'll be happy to flash one to OEM specs with the up to the minute release for your use as a spare or one to tune so you can save your stock one for dealer trips.

We picked up a TON of these just for this issue so if you need one please let us know!
    Do you carry ECM's for the 2006 LBZ's? If so, how much are they?

What would you need in order to program one with all the latest OEM specs for a particular truck?

Thanks.
    -Ray-

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast