Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: LMM Programming History & CVN's Explained

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the history in the LMM's yet?! Im just curious because it is a computer.. and any computer can be figured out and beat.
    2008 Silverado 2500HD LMM EXTCAB 4x4
    ..With a few things done to it

Yes, it is known and No you will not see it added to EFI-Live.
    2008 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Z71 6.6L LMM
    Mods: EFILive, MBRP 4" DPF Delete, BD Manifold, SD Manifold, SD Center Link, SD Sleeves, S&B Intake, FS-2500, PPE Trans Pan, Bushwacker fender flares, PPE Oil Centrifuge, And other non-go-fast things.

Things still need to put in: PCV Re-Route,Air Dog AD-200.

Lifetime Member

The ECM is the easy part just buy a new $200 one and program that one, but your regen counter will be off. Now supposedly the TCM tracks a max torque input so your beat again. Everybody is just going to have to get over the fact that your warranty is gone if you tinker with it. This sucks that some have abused the system so badly that if something non tuning related is broke and you want it fixed your screwed. I guess just buy a ECM and TCM and be honest don't ruin motor's, trannies turbo's, and expect warranty
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Well My dealer is pretty friendly about it, they told me that they will fix anything that would OBVIOUSLY not be caused by a tune.. IE if my AC breaks or power steering something of that nature. Although if I have a powertrain issue it may be up for debate. I guess it'll just be my excuse to upgrade to better components. I just dont feel its very fair that they can void my warrenty because I deleted the DPF. I only run stock tuning with the DPF programmed out, and there are no emissions laws here..
    2008 Silverado 2500HD LMM EXTCAB 4x4
    ..With a few things done to it

Quote Originally Posted by kp View Post
    I dont think multiple counts are stored or retrieveable like an LMM, the CVN is just a CRC, all it takes is one bit of data to be off and the number doesnt match. There was no way to retrieve any previous flashes, even with the MDI, just the segments/CVN list with the tech 2. The procedure for the LBZ is to retrieve the calbration part numbers from TIS, print them out, take the tech 2 and printout to the truck and manually check each CVN against the PN.

Easiest thing to do would be if you have an older OS just pay to have the neswest OS flashed in and dont touch it after that and swap another PCM in to tune on. At least the LBZ guys can fix it with a GM reflash I assume, the LMM guys are screwed.
    Or just buy a new flashed PCM and keep tuning the one you got in until it needs to go in for warranty.

Either way, I think the egr delete pipe and boost tube I'm putting in may void my warranty anyhow!! The C&C's pistons definetly will when I build the engine!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire0021 View Post
    didint work on mine i put a completley new un modded ecm in my truck and it still showed all my old check sums from my previous ecm. wich meens to me the info is stored also somewhere else. ambey the tcm not sure
    What gives ??

Old thread.Sorry,edited!!

Lifetime Member

GM needs to average the warranty costs per vehicle and allow buyers to OPT out of the Warranty.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314