Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LMM Programming History & CVN's Explained

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    According to the documentation only the LMM OS contains the history. I'll check some LBZ Ecms with the latest Tech 2 software tomorrow.
    Thanks Guy!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

I am new to the EFI game so sorry, but can the history be cleared with EFI yet?? Future??

not yet and maybe never as the there is only a few reasons to clear it one is to rip off the General and the other is getting a used ECM to replace a faulty one in a stock truck.

So it may one day but I dont think it is on a list of things that needs to be worked on yet.
    2008 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Z71 6.6L LMM
    Mods: EFILive, MBRP 4" DPF Delete, BD Manifold, SD Manifold, SD Center Link, SD Sleeves, S&B Intake, FS-2500, PPE Trans Pan, Bushwacker fender flares, PPE Oil Centrifuge, And other non-go-fast things.

Things still need to put in: PCV Re-Route,Air Dog AD-200.

The other thing to think about is this, 'If' everyone starts clearing the programming history GM / Bosch will probably respond with something even more sinister that makes programming next to impossible.
    Bosch have this level of technology for BMW, it's already started to creep in to the Bosch MED9.6 Direct Injection ECM's in the HHR/Solstice. Nobody who tunes GM trucks for a living wants that to happen.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxx61 View Post
    not yet and maybe never as the there is only a few reasons to clear it one is to rip off the General and the other is getting a used ECM to replace a faulty one in a stock truck.

So it may one day but I dont think it is on a list of things that needs to be worked on yet.
    Here I go again but here's one for ya! Your nice new LMM that maybe you just changed the tire size or something on with "EFI live" now new pretty truck won't start due to the security no start issue and your in a hurry taking the nice girly or kiddies somewhere. Do you think GM should give you the when you go in to get it reflashed on that particular issue and put the end to any warranty thereafter?

OK I'm done whining Keep up the good work guys and I also see your point about the end to all tuning but you guys have always been the type if there is a will there's a way.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Most definitely they could make our lives heck. I could give you tons of ideas how (won't for obvious reasons!). Look at Dodge, they are making it difficult right now, just the delay to get a solution out is proving to be slow going compared to what we have now.....

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The other thing to think about is this, 'If' everyone starts clearing the programming history GM / Bosch will probably respond with something even more sinister that makes programming next to impossible.
    Bosch have this level of technology for BMW, it's already started to creep in to the Bosch MED9.6 Direct Injection ECM's in the HHR/Solstice. Nobody who tunes GM trucks for a living wants that to happen.

Cheers,
    Ross

In my situation I am not looking to ripp-off GM but I did have a PPE tune in my truck for about a week and didn't like it. I am now afraid that if something happens 2 years down the road that GM will say pound salt because of the history....Just a thought... Yes I do see your point, but if someone can make that software then someone can ..... you see... Great site!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we can clear it, it's been done here on our test LMM ECM, part of the 'fun' was the challenge of being able to do it.
    But I sat back and thought about what could result from allowing people to do it and really no good can come from it.

If you have made a change to 'just' the speedo section to adjust for wheel sizes then you should be safe with GM as the ECM will only store that the Speedo segment was changed. It is that smart, it knows what segment was changed.

I also understand in your situation bdr2008 that you would want it cleared.
    I don't want to shelve the idea of doing it, but so far the only thing I can see it doing is getting EFILive sued or GM making it 10 times harder to program these vehicles. Currently compared to other manufacturers GM have made it reasonably open for programming, they could turn that around very fast, especially using Bosch ECM's.
    Have a look what the Europeans have to do to program some of the Bosch ECM's -
    http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/bdm/default.asp
    Yep, remove the bottom cover every time they want to program something as the OBD-II programming system the BMW's etc use is impossible to hack. GM could always go down that path too.

We will be at SEMA this year so I am sure we will get a feel for what we should do from users and industry people...GM have a stand there right!

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; September 4th, 2008 at 03:58 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GM currently has 2 motivating forces:
    1. not getting sued by the EPA;
    2. slowing down financial losses;

User flashing of the ECM makes GM unhappy wrt both points...
    otherwise GM could not really care at all if users flashed.

Not sure if i understand yet, but does a piggyback system like the Edge show up in the history. Sorry I am not near as computer smart as the people on this site but I am slowly learning...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast