Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LMM Programming History & CVN's Explained

Quote Originally Posted by 1998ws6 View Post
    After the 10th flash, the last one is not displayed, and a new one is stored in its place.

The CVN and the part number are both shown at least with current tech 2 software. Since there seems to be only 2-4 correct OS ID's for any given LMM/LBZ vehicle. It is unlikely you could get 10 correct, in sequence updates to reflash in order to fake a dealer.

While there are several correct enigne calibration sections, a dealer could still question why your pcm had engine operations history from a van, kodiac, and truck all in history.

The company in michigan also locks the pcm/tcm, so dealer would know really quick that something was up if they went to reflash it.
    Does that companys name start with a "V".......and they thought that they were so sneaky with their stealth tune and the correct CVNs

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    This industry does seem to be obsessed with the 'we were first' concept, it's not something I loose sleep over, so if another tuner was to offer history clearing first and in a months time after they did they weren't begging for change outside a pizza shop then I'd be happy to release it

Cheers,
    Ross
    Does this count?

http://www.vectormotorsports.com/ind...tpage&Itemid=1

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4684
    2015 Z06 A8

I just had the truck in two weeks ago to have the reflash. Nothing was said, but is that info. stored at GM for the future that they could look back at in the future if I had a major break down? Was it downloaded and stored????
    2008 crew cab LTZ, turbo back 4", EFI and some other stuff

Well, first thing is this is not for a Bosch ECM, that is a very important point!
    But I'll give them credit where it is due, the fact that they don't turn off the checksums and still have the matching CVN is good.
    But the point I am trying to make is bypassing all these 'checks' GM puts in will only keep us safe for so long.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well, first thing is this is not for a Bosch ECM, that is a very important point!
    But I'll give them credit where it is due, the fact that they don't turn off the checksums and still have the matching CVN is good.
    But the point I am trying to make is bypassing all these 'checks' GM puts in will only keep us safe for so long.

Cheers,
    Ross
    So that's how you'd do it?

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross, it is kind of like the hacked Direct TV H and HU cards a few years back. Some one hacks the code, then everyone can get free satellite TV, then Direct TV blasts the hacked cards with a signal wich renders them useless, then someone else comes up with a new hack and the cycle goes on and on. Finally Direct TV got a hold of some of the records of where the hacker equipment was sold and Direct TV hired lawyers to sue people for theft of services, some caved in and paid off DTV others held out and won. I see this coming to our world now and its only going to get worse as rules tighten up in the world of the EPA standards that govern the OBD2 regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky8370 View Post
    So that's how you'd do it?
    Not how I would do it, having the checksums functional is pretty important, but it could be done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwong View Post
    Ross, it is kind of like the hacked Direct TV H and HU cards a few years back. Some one hacks the code, then everyone can get free satellite TV, then Direct TV blasts the hacked cards with a signal wich renders them useless, then someone else comes up with a new hack and the cycle goes on and on. Finally Direct TV got a hold of some of the records of where the hacker equipment was sold and Direct TV hired lawyers to sue people for theft of services, some caved in and paid off DTV others held out and won. I see this coming to our world now and its only going to get worse as rules tighten up in the world of the EPA standards that govern the OBD2 regulations.
    Exactly, they could make this whole tuning game too hard for companies like us. Piss them off enough and they will, that is how I view it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The OEM 's have very strong motivations for preventing hacking:
    1. EPA is on their case (the EPA can prevent the OEM from selling vehicles in USA),
    2. Loss of revenue from warranty misclaims.

Jump Jump Jump!!!!!!!!
    2008 crew cab LTZ, turbo back 4", EFI and some other stuff

Not how I would do it, having the checksums functional is pretty important, but it could be done that way.

Exactly, they could make this whole tuning game too hard for companies like us. Piss them off enough and they will, that is how I view it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    The point I am making is that others have already made work arounds available. Others will follow.
    2015 Z06 A8

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast