Thread: Help Repaired V2 now keypad issue

Default Help Repaired V2 now keypad issue

Hi, I had a memory issue see this thread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8297
    and send and received back my V2 , with Firmware 2.05.17 and Bootblock 2.05.08, Efilive explorer connect no problem , and upload from 1 ecm to my laptop no problem.

Now during the first 1-2 minutes the V2 is power on the keypads keys F3,up arrow,ok,down arrow don't work at all except if I press on one of those key with a lot of pressure ( I mean a lot ) then it start working then sometime pressing normally the arrow keys will make it jump 2 line at the time.

I try with V2 to pc only , V2 to car only , upgrade Firmware to 2.05.17 but no change.

Thanks
    Modpcm

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by modpcm View Post
    Hi, I had a memory issue see this thread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8297
    and send and received back my V2 , with Firmware 2.05.17 and Bootblock 2.05.08, Efilive explorer connect no problem , and upload from 1 ecm to my laptop no problem.

Now during the first 1-2 minutes the V2 is power on the keypads keys F3,up arrow,ok,down arrow don't work at all except if I press on one of those key with a lot of pressure ( I mean a lot ) then it start working then sometime pressing normally the arrow keys will make it jump 2 line at the time.

I try with V2 to pc only , V2 to car only , upgrade Firmware to 2.05.17 but no change.

Thanks
    Modpcm
    That can happen on some units due to a mis-configured Settings.dat file immediately after an upgrade. Run the EFILive_Explorer program, check in the [Config] tab page and delete the Settings.dat file. Then power off FlashScan, wait 10 seconds, power it up again - the keys should work normally again.

If that does not fix the problem, please contact Ira at Fish Tuning who did the warranty work.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.