Thread: Does FlashScan V2 be used on not GM?

Default Does FlashScan V2 be used on not GM?

I would like to know if it is possible with the hardware of FlashScan V2 read only obdii codes from other not GM vehicles, said, VW?

I am planning to buy a FlashScan V2 and can use it in my VW Jetta too as well as on my GM Malibu to read obdii codes.

May be on future updates of firmware only? or it will be necessary to change hardware as well (FlashScan V2 device)?

Thanks for any help on this.

Jose

Welcome to the forum Jose. The latest OBD2 CAN protocol is supposed to be more of a standard than the predicesors. That said, I've tried scanning codes on an '07 Mazda with out luck. Not sure if it will work on a VW though.

Thanks TAQuickness,

Does the latest OBD2 CAN protocol is integrated on the FlashScan V2? Or, if not, it will be possible to have that with no change on hardware? Do you know which communication protocols are actually on the device? Does this kind of questions are ok here?

I am interested by the moment in reading, when driving, car's failure status and store it on the scanner device, then later, save that info in a PC to analyze. I supposed that the last is possible with the actual FlashScan V2, am I correct?

Jose.

Lifetime Member

Ive tried scanning multiple Lexus RX300s and the VT300i 4L V8 in my Toyota Epic boat with no luck.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.