Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ride...

There are 2 engines in question here and 2 ECU's also.
    The LSJ was the 2.0L supercharged engine that made 205 HP and 205 TQ under perfect conditions and the LNF is a 2.0L Direct Injection VVT Turbo engine that makes 260 HP and 260 TQ very readily.

ZL1Killa your friend's 2006 is a M62 supercharged LSJ and those numbers are about on par with what a highly modified CobaltSS/RedLine puts out. While the M62 is the newest generation blower it just can't do much more for the engine than make heat as pressure is increased. The whole system is VERY dependent on a cool charge and it just isn't easy with a roots blower in such a tight package - part of the reason why he is running methanol injection - which in my opinion is a band-aid covering up a puss infused staff infection.
    Yea, there are here and there stories about bigger numbers, but in each case it's followed by an engine rebuild or constant problems.

The LNF starts out at 260 HP/TQ and as soon as more tuning comes around will excel from that point to well north of 300 HP.

I have had both engines on the dyno for extended testing as a potential aviation engine and must say that while I like them both I prefer the LNF.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

Early dynojet reports are showing 25x HP and 26x FT/LBS at the wheels. I think they're a tad under rated. Watch the pickup these things have in 2nd in this vid I found (see 2:30).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n66IGV5eLg

Bosch ECM on them, no support planned yet sorry, you might have to do the dirty on us
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

boooo! you're going to let those assholes over at hpt take the market on these??

GM has sold over 1,000,000 Duramax engines, they will likely sell maybe 20,000 of the LNF......case closed from the business point of it all.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    GM has sold over 1,000,000 Duramax engines, they will likely sell maybe 20,000 of the LNF......case closed from the business point of it all.

Cheers,
    Ross
    things are changing now.

If I knew that it would be a simple inclusion then we'd be right on it, but being Bosch that won't be the situation I am sure. I do actually have one of those ECM's here so I do have some idea on what is involved, it's not just assumption.
    I also agree on the changing times, we aren't 'lucky' enough here in Australia to still only be paying $5 gallon for Diesel, more like nearly $7

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Cheers,
    Ross
    No worries, man. I was just givin' ya a hard time.

I've got an HHR SS with the LNF and just recently applied the GMPP stage kit, which consists of a pair of 3 bar TMAP and a new calibration. It now has more power than a FWD can put to the ground without special rubber. Fuel economy has increased slightly. However what they did is pretty much hidden. The HPT guys have only uncovered a small portion of the PIDs and appear to have stopped prying further. The PIDs everyone is messing with aren't the ones GM changed LOL.
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
    I've got an HHR SS with the LNF and just recently applied the GMPP stage kit, which consists of a pair of 3 bar TMAP and a new calibration. It now has more power than a FWD can put to the ground without special rubber. Fuel economy has increased slightly. However what they did is pretty much hidden. The HPT guys have only uncovered a small portion of the PIDs and appear to have stopped prying further. The PIDs everyone is messing with aren't the ones GM changed LOL.
    I changed 'em anyways and gained nearly 5mph on my trap speed. So, I was doing something right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast