Thread: lly tcm j1939 messages

Default lly tcm j1939 messages

this is a new set of tables in the lly stuff, what do they do? it seems as if it gives some flexibility with the defuel stuff when the tcm requests it, but it changes it in the ecm. i like it and have tried it but it seems to not work. or i did it wrong. i had set it to g0801-4000 rpm, then g0802-2500. basically saying under 2500rpm don't acknowledge the message from the tcm and ove it do the defuel. but it did npt work for me. any thoughts?

This handy new table didn't work on any 5 speed I've tried it one either :(... for the record.

I like the idea though, if we can get it to do it's thing.

Nick

Worked on mine when I set it to "Torque Limit Req Disabled"...

D5194 & D5195 are 8.1L only though (according to the description)....

Edit: I'm stoopid... Maybe I should read slower . Changing the TCM worked, I haven't tried the ECM, although I think a table or two dissapeared. I thought there was one in the ECM tune that had the same options as the TCM (Like D5197 in the TCM).

there is a new table in the latest download that basically tells the ecm to ignore the tcm request unless x,y,z parameters are met that you set up. it would be very nice to have them working. this way you can leave a defuel on in the tcm, and have it ignored in the ecm for low speed, normal driving when your not making huge torque.

I think the issue is the LLY ECM was used with two TCM types, the Allison TCM and the T42 (for the 4L80E), then the Allison TCM was also used on the 8.1L gas motor.
    It's probably a situation where certain vehicles / transmissions will use the J1939 messages for torque control whilst others don't.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I think the issue is the LLY ECM was used with two TCM types, the Allison TCM and the T42 (for the 4L80E), then the Allison TCM was also used on the 8.1L gas motor.
    It's probably a situation where certain vehicles / transmissions will use the J1939 messages for torque control whilst others don't.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Maybe I'm , but where did they LLY ECM get used with a T42/4L80E? Isn't the only Duramax application using the 4L80E the vans, and didn't they come out in 06 with the new LBZ/LMM style Bosch ECM?

I'm allowed to make dumb comments every now and then
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.