Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Cobolt SS support

Default 2008 Cobolt SS support

Will there be support for the 08 SS? I have one to play with if its supported.

I don't know what ECM that uses sorry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will look and and see what the pcm has on it. They switched from supercharged in 07 to turbo in 08. All I know is I tried to read the tune and couldn't.

If it's the Turbo one with Direct Injection then we don't support it and have no plans to, it's Bosch.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

It is Ross, all the 08+ Cobalt SS and the other cars that used the 2L I4 S/C motor are all using the DI turbo now. :(
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If it's the Turbo one with Direct Injection then we don't support it and have no plans to, it's Bosch.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Isn't the Cobalt SS / HHR SS / Solstice GXP / Saturn Sky Redline ecm basically the same as that used for the LBZ/LMM diesel trucks?

If that is true, is it easier to offer support for these vehicles in the future?

I have a feeling most if not all of the motors will be going direct injection in the future and will probably use a pcm that they already have developed.
    98 Chevy truck RCSBFS 2wd/5.7L/4L60E:drive:/Paxton Novi 2000 S/C @ 7psi / Megasquirt
    72 Chevelle LQ9/4L80E/GT42 conversion in the works
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449129

Quote Originally Posted by 350SS View Post
    Isn't the Cobalt SS / HHR SS / Solstice GXP / Saturn Sky Redline ecm basically the same as that used for the LBZ/LMM diesel trucks?
    The Bosch sticker on the case is the same, that is about where the comparison ends.

98 Chevy truck RCSBFS 2wd/5.7L/4L60E:drive:/Paxton Novi 2000 S/C @ 7psi / Megasquirt
    72 Chevelle LQ9/4L80E/GT42 conversion in the works
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449129

Default Very sucky.....

Quote Originally Posted by 350SS View Post

If that is true, is it easier to offer support for these vehicles in the future?

I have a feeling most if not all of the motors will be going direct injection in the future and will probably use a pcm that they already have developed.
    Hmmmm... Tonight, I got an 09 Cobalt SS Turbo in for a tune.....

It does appear (by looking at it) to have the LBZ/LMM computer in it.

When attempting to connect to it, it acts like it's gonna work....till it says "BOOTLOADER REJECTED". But, you gotta give it credit for trying...Right Ross????

Just so we know, what's the difference between the Diesel controller and the gas turbo unit that makes it such a bear to work on???

Is it lack of profitability or is there some physical difference that makes it too difficult?

It's not like I'm gonna get rich with these...I'll stick with the Vettes, THANK YOU. But, they come in from time to time...

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

For the most part the appearance is where the similarities end :( I too want support for the E69 (MED961) as well as the E69-4 for the LLT which I think would make the most sense since the CTS, Camaro, G8, New Impala ECT will all be using a version of it. So, back to begging; this Bosch stuff is greek to me practically WAY different than the E series or Legacy controllers.
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast