Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 Speed Allison Tables

DTTM i discussed what you wrote with my buddy he said we can do this i have access to tis 2web and the gauge cluster
    1. is there a mechanical change?
    2. in your former write up do you have the pin location changes
    3 do you find reformatting the ecm a problem

back on it

I know J1939 is a form of can bus, but MOST think of CAN as the 06+ trucks, so that is how I refer to them. I know what J1939 is as it is very similiar to what is used in marine applications like smartcraft and such. And he doesn't HAVE to have the cluster to make it work, does he? I know the gear display will not be correct, but for a bare bones swap it could be done and made to work. As for the SUNCOAST kit, would it even recognize the 8.1L's inputs? I asked them about it before, and they said it only worked for the DURAMAX due to the data com issues. I don't know this for certain, only what they told me there years back. There may be a flash out there that would enable 6th gear with a modified 04-05 valve body and some other wiring changes, but I have no first hand experience with it other than reading others saying they have converted there duramax's using it(and I'm not talking about the SUNCOAST kit).
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Well Fermanator,
    I finally tracked down all the aprts and re resistored the tap shift switch in the gmc terrain console to match the allison tap shift values still working towards the point of hooking it all up for a test. Nicely enough the terrain tap shifter uses a similar circuit board layout to the truck tap shifter so that helped alot.

Sean Wolff
    The Smurf a 1964 gmc 16 year oddyssey currently getting a vortec 8100 allison 6 speed custom 2011 gmc terrain interior and shift controls

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123