Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 06 gto license questions....

Default 06 gto license questions....

can someone list out the steps to licensing an 06 gto. I read the calilbration and from what I understand the tranny is licensed seperate of the engine calibration so do I license that and do another read for the trans calibration? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum 0rion.

I don't know the exact process as I've not tested one of those PCM/TCM's yet, but I believe you should be able to read both the PCM and TCM with out licensing. Once you decide to perform a write, you should be able to license either at that time. An EFILive license includes 1 PCM and 1 TCM.

thanks for the welcome, check out my join date. I'm a reader although evidently I haven't been reading the right things. My bro stopped by while ago with his 06 and I did a quick read on it but no trans tables are there. I know they're different than my 04 and 98's I have. Just trying to figure out what I need to do to get to his trans tables. He's left so I'm kinda up the creek now until I can get his car back over here and figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    thanks for the welcome, check out my join date.
    WOW - Welcome back then

When you are doing the reads, you will need to specify the PCM and the TCM

got it figured out I think. I have to read the calibration on a t42 also. I just read the e40 for the LS2. Wasn't aware they were seperate.

They are treated seperate but FYI will only use ONE license for both, not two.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    They are treated seperate but FYI will only use ONE license for both, not two.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I saw that as a search result that it only used 1 vin license. When my bro was here I just quickly read the ecm and we were talking while I did the read so I wasn't really paying much attention to it. I wasn't aware I had to read the E40 and then the T42. Got it figured out though now so I'll go back and read the T42 when I see him next time. Maybe this will help someone down the road. I searched forever and read the manual and it just never clicked that I had to do 2 reads.

There is pro's and con's in doing it the way we do, in the end the pro's out weighed the con's, especially for shops doing mail order tuning.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Do you know if it's in the manual somewhere that 06's need to be read twice? I couldn't find it but I also didn't sit down and read it word for word. I figured I'd find it faster through searches on here but it ended up taking quite a bit of time doing it that way also.
    Might I suggest a pop up in the software when reading an e40 that alerts you that the tranny calibration isn't being read along with the engine calibration? It evidently isn't much of a problem really if there aren't threads here about it....maybe I'm just a dumbass.

Default Be on your guard!!!

Be on your guard!!!

Don't change o/s's in them damn Aussie GTO's or do full flashes....

I had a guy in here last week with an E40 GTO... I did a TIS flash to clean out the garbage tune he got from some "professional" and, well, when I was done the thing was dead.....

So I figure....Hey, I'll just to a TIS security learn and get this guy up and running.....

Well, for those of you who have tried to change PCMs or O/Ss on LS2 GTOs, What a f**king nightmare to get it back online.....

It's not like the domestic built cars!!! Be carefull!

Ross, any tips on changing O/Ss in LS2 GTO's to save some major headaches????

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast