Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you log WBO2 lambda instead of AFR?

Default How do you log WBO2 lambda instead of AFR?

I'm still learning how to do everything and have been reading and searching quite a bit. I have an LC-1 that I will be hooking up soon and was wondering if it's possible to log lambda instead of AFR in the scantool. Looking at the various PID's I only see the ability to log O2 sensor voltage except under the "Wide Band AFR 1 & 2 - LC-1" where you can log AFR. I plan on tuning for both 93 octane and E85 on my '98 Z28 STS setup. From everything I've read, lambda seems like it'd be easier to tune with than AFR when using different fuels. I'm lazy and don't feel like doing math which is why I'm interested in tuning with lambda.

If I'm not mistaken I think you are wanting the BEN factor PID.

Based on that info, I just searched for threads mentioning BEN and lambda. I downloaded a couple of log files that people posted to see if BEN_LC11 or BEN_LC12 displays numbers in lambda. It appears it does but only to the tenth decimal place. Is there any other PID that might show higher resolution lambda values?

When you view the pids, edit the dash chart/gauge properties to set the number of decimal places.

Might digging thru the Scan and Tune tool help files as well. Both tools are quite powerful and easily configured to your liking

I had a little trouble figuring out how to change the decimal places but eventually got it. All I did was right click on the dasboard then clicked on "Chart Properties". Selected the "Series" tab and in the "Format" field changed the value from %.1f to %.3f Now instead of showing lambda values like 1.0, .7, .8, etc. I now can see the values to the thousandth...i.e. 1.000, .765, .833, etc. Thanks guys!

Well I finally hooked up my LC-1 and it seems to be logging AFR just fine. However, lambda isn't displaying correctly. I have selected PID's CALC.AFR_LC12 and CALC.BEN_LC12 along with the other PID's required for AutoVE tuning. AFR_LC12 shows my current AFR but then BEN_LC12 is showing my current lambda "incorrectly". My displayed lambda values are showing up as "AFR / commanded AFR = λ" instead of "AFR / stoich = λ". For instance, at WOT commanded AFR is 11.7 and I'm showing an AFR of 11.76 and a lambda value of 1.005. In reality, the ACTUAL and CORRECT lambda should be 0.800. What do I need to do so that BEN_LC12 shows lambda correctly?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah, I was under the assumption since TAQuickness advised the use of the BEN factor PID to find what I was originally looking for that BEN_LC11 or BEN_LC12 values were lambda values.

I see what you mean by BEN being a correction multiplication factor.

When using Innovate's LogWorks I'm able to switch the displayed values between AFR or lambda but I'd rather have only one program running while logging (EFILive). I'll have to read up on how to create a calc PID that meets my needs.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by waveoff View Post
    Ah, I was under the assumption since TAQuickness advised the use of the BEN factor PID to find what I was originally looking for that BEN_LC11 or BEN_LC12 values were lambda values.

I see what you mean by BEN being a correction multiplication factor.

When using Innovate's LogWorks I'm able to switch the displayed values between AFR or lambda but I'd rather have only one program running while logging (EFILive). I'll have to read up on how to create a calc PID that meets my needs.
    SERIAL STYLE:
    BBL:(make sure WO2LAM1 is in your OPTIONS.INI)
    -, WO2LAM1
    -, WO2AFR1

For Pass Thru Logging using the laptop
    EXT.WO2AFR1
    EXT.WO2LAM1

ANALOG STYLE:
    CALC_AFR_LC11
    EXT.AD1
    CALC.LAM_LC11

To use CALC.LAM_LC11, download http://home.comcast.net/~booth.p/calc_pids.txt
    and store in My Documents/EFI Live/User Config

Restart both the scan and tuning tool. Go to PID tab in scanner software. Add the CALC.LAM_LC11 and save the log.

Note: 0v = 0.5LAM = 7.35 AFR
    5v = 1.523LAM = 22.39 AFR
    Last edited by TFZ_Z06; July 27th, 2008 at 09:45 AM.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

You're the man! Thanks a million!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast