Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive FlashScan upgrade price

I was shocked today, drove past a station where I saw 93 octane R+M (how its measured in the states) for $1.88/gal ... Its been hovering right at 2.00 here in the Houston area..

Lifetime Member

Up here in Maryland it's around $2.09/gallon for 93 octane Brains. Is as high as $2.30 at certain stations, they don't get my business.

Ok, I will not hijack this thread again.

Paul,

How did you get .70US? I looked on yahoo and it said .77US and like $1.21AU

Ok if I have this right PON 93 is 97 or 98 ish RON? If so then I paid $2.08US gallon today but it can be had for about $1.90US closer to interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    ...What's the price for 98 Research octane in the US?

Regards
    Paul
    They don't use the raw research number over here. They use the formula research + motor /2 in the states. In Ohio I'v seen US$2.15-2.25 / gallon (varies wildly) for 93 Octane this week. I can't rightly complain about the price when I see what others around the world pay. California is stuck with 91 Octane. Xylene anyone?
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Have you mixed Xylem to increase the octane? I have gotten close to doing it but I was a little scared to go bumping paint thinner in my gas tank...

I know you have to get the 100% Xylene but I was still little reluctant

Man are these posts getting way off the topic now?

For our next gen cables, we may look at adding more memory.
    Paul, do you have any idea if any functionality might be added to the "next gen cable"? Don't worry, I have no desire to wait any longer for this product, but I'm just curious if I might need to plan to be "upgrading" my cable sometime in the future.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    For our next gen cables, we may look at adding more memory.
    Paul, do you have any idea if any functionality might be added to the "next gen cable"? Don't worry, I have no desire to wait any longer for this product, but I'm just curious if I might need to plan to be "upgrading" my cable sometime in the future.
    Not that we are prepared to discuss publicly just now

Don't worry, the current cable actually has most of the features that were slated for our next gen cable, so it is pretty "future proof" already. It is actually the fourth genration cable that we have built. We believe that this fourth version is finally of the "right quality and feature set" to make public. This is not our "first attempt", it is a mature product.

It would have had the extra memory as well, but the CPU manufacturer did not ship the chip we wanted to use in time. It was scheduled for release in March, but it has still not shipped. :(

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ntae
    Paul with the new prices does this mean your kids wont have school books and food to eat ?
    Paul,
    V6 Pro upgade flashscan $303.60 AU, Deduct value of 2 extra licences $299.20 = $4.40 AU for Flashscan. Even Santa has to eat dosen't he?

All right - $200 for an upgrade - now we are talking

Sorry about your kids - but I do think you'll have another happy customer in a next couple days :wink:

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renford
    Quote Originally Posted by ntae
    Paul with the new prices does this mean your kids wont have school books and food to eat ?
    Paul,
    V6 Pro upgade flashscan $303.60 AU, Deduct value of 2 extra licences $299.20 = $4.40 AU for Flashscan. Even Santa has to eat dosen't he?
    Santa lives on milk and cookies eveyone knows that.
    That's how I found out that santa wasn't real, one night I overheard dad telling mum not to put milk out for santa because he (dad) didn't like drinking it and it just goes to waste.

The upgrade price cut was a decision based on the inequality between the retail price and the upgrade price. Honestly, the price differential was not something that we had considered until customers started bringing it to our attention. Unlike some companies, we do care about our existing customers and their investment in our products and their continued patronage.

And it was in progress, as some of you know, long before we learned of changes to "other" prices. Yes it will hurt our bottom line, but its our way of saying thanks to the customers who have been extremely patient in waiting for our new product.

A story of the design/production process would make for *very* interesting reading (maybe one day we'll "tell all").

Paul

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast