Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cammed Vette, can't do WOT tune....

Default Cammed Vette, can't do WOT tune....

First off, I'm a newb to this but I'll explain it the best way I know how. I have a 99 Vette that I just put a Cartek 2x cam in. When we tune with the maf it all goes fine, but when we zero out the maf or unplug it, it won't even idle. It shows it needs around 50% more fuel, it takes more fuel to idle than say at 4K rpm? Our first thought was a vacuum leak, but can't find any. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Welcome to the forum Jason. You should be able to use the AutoVE tutorial to set you up for tuning WOT.

+1 as TA said.

Hey guys, newb here too. I was about to start a thread and read this one. I think I'm having the same issues. It's a stock 01 Camaro with cam and headers. In CL the LTFT are averaging 11 or so. I set everything up for autoVE and BAM its sitting on 20+ AFR. I've increased the idle areas of the VE table from 70ish stock, to almost 140 just to get it to idle in the 15-14 AFR range.
    I've gone over the settings for Autove and I'm pretty sure they're right. I must be missing something, or just a retard. I always thought a cammed car needs a lot less fuel at idle

John

BTW great forum with some awesome information

EDIT heres my sd auto ve .tun file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wolverine; July 20th, 2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added file

I'm not sure where you guys are going wrong but here is my tune that got me in the right range to start auto ve tuning. In SD mode the lower rpm rows have to be lowered to idle. My old cam was way lower and I had to add a ton to that tune for the new cam but it is still lower than the stock tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatorTA View Post
    I'm not sure where you guys are going wrong but here is my tune that got me in the right range to start auto ve tuning. In SD mode the lower rpm rows have to be lowered to idle. My old cam was way lower and I had to add a ton to that tune for the new cam but it is still lower than the stock tune.
    Yeah, this is basically a stock file with the autoVE parameters applied. I agree, I would think the lower rpm areas would need a lot less fuel, but thats not the case.
    Thats a COS, right? Does that make a difference? I should be able to do this with factory OS right?

I'm still not sure if Jasons problem is the same as mine. But this is only the second car I've done autoVE with, and the first one went smooth as silk. But I'm at a loss with this one. Fuel pressure good, I'm 99.9% sure theres no vacuum leaks, swapped injectors, changed fuel filter. I guess I'll take off the intake and make sure the seals are good.

Heres the last autoVE file I loaded just to get it to 14's in the idle area, I just scaled the whole thing up. You should have seen it when I started applying the BEN no's

Yes, mine is COS5 but that should not make a difference. I loaded the COS for future tuning that I have yet to get around to. Seems when I'm not taking the car to the track I don't mess with the tune, I just drive it. Havn't been to the track in a year.

The last time I had a problem with the VE table and skewed AFR numbers I went back over the tune and double checked all the VE changes needed to do AutoVE and reflashed the PCM and everything straightened out. I didn't find anything wrong in the tune but reflashing got me straight.

Have you tried re-enableing LTFT's and checked to see what the narrow band O2's were doing with trims? Might be a thought. The wideband could be on it's way out.

WOW!!!! That is extreme changes to the VE table. Reflash the PCM with a bone stock tune with the stock VE table set for AutoVE and try to start the car. If it seems to be flooding decrease the 800rpm row by 40% and the 1200rpm row by 20% and try again. Something had to of ended up skewed in the tune. If not then you have something leaking.

Are you using stock injectors and has lifter preload been checked?

Have you idled long enough to confirme the A.I.R. pump is off and still getting the lean condition? A.I.R. will run on initial start up and show a lean condition while on.

Lastly, are you using the latest version of Live? This is 3 cases now I've seen in 1 day with the same problem. Extreme lean condition with a cam change. Mine was lean from the old cam tune but did not take such high figures in the VE table to get it right. My VE is still lower than stock in the idle region. I think I am behind on updating the software and wondering if this may be a latest release issue.
    Last edited by ViolatorTA; July 20th, 2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatorTA View Post
    WOW!!!! That is extreme changes to the VE table. Reflash the PCM with a bone stock tune with the stock VE table set for AutoVE and try to start the car. If it seems to be flooding decrease the 800rpm row by 40% and the 1200rpm row by 20% and try again. Something had to of ended up skewed in the tune. If not then you have something leaking.

Are you using stock injectors and has lifter preload been checked?
    Yeah, it doesnt run real well in SD with the stock VE table It has been tuned some time ago with LS1 edit. I did change all tables to stock and did a full reflash, thinking that might work. It just seems likes somethings mucked up with the pcm and needs a dealer reflash.
    Yes, stock injectors. Its a small cam, brand new 918 springs, stock rockers and hardened 7.40 pushrods. All the preload was normal, and it only has 55,000 miles on it.
    Havent really done a long log with LTFT but average is +11 in the low rpms.
    My WB is a new PLX so I dont think thats the problem

Ill try that tommorrow and let you know, thanks for the help BTW!!!

No problem. Try going to the holden crazy site and DL an 01 Camaro stock tune and flash that cal file in AutoVE form then make needed changes from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast