Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to hold 4th gear for dyno

Default Need to hold 4th gear for dyno

One of the things I will be using my EFI live for when it gets here is to hold my truck in 4 gear so I can run it on the dyno a little better. I have a 5 speed allison. Is this hard to do?

Phil

Open up the scantool and connect it to your truck. You will find the Allison DVT in there and you can hold any gear you want.

Almost sounds too easy. Now I can't wait untill it gets here. Thank's

Phil

I have found the DVT section and activated it and it still will not hold the truck in any gear other than 1st. As soon as I click on second it will shift and then keep shifting through all the gears. Am I doing something wrong?

Phil

There is some RPM limiters in the tune that will stop the gear overrides, or does it feel like it's doing nothing at all?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It held first gear as far a I felt like pushing it then I clicked second gear and it started shifting through the gears like my laptop wasn't even in the truck. I was not driving it hard at all so it never saw any real high RPM's except for first gear and that was only 3000 or so. I was running a race tune when I did it.

Phil

See if it corrosponds to these setting in the tuning tool, this is when it will ignore the DVT's.

{D5040} Bidi Control Disable, 1st Gear 1800 RPM
    {D5041} Bidi Control Disable, 2nd Gear 2100 RPM
    {D5042} Bidi Control Disable, 3rd Gear 3657 RPM
    {D5043} Bidi Control Disable, 4th Gear 4000 RPM
    {D5044} Bidi Control Disable, 5th Gear 4000 RPM
    {D5045} Bidi Control Disable, 6th Gear 4000 RPM
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I don't have D5040 or D5041 I do have the rest of them. If I up the values to higher than I will run the truck should it work to hold 4th gear. I have to be at the dyno tomorow at 2:00. I havn't had time to try this. Thank's

Phil

Phil,

Not sure why you can't see the other parameters, however, what you can simply do on the dyno is run the truck up 1st through to 3rd then activate the 4th gear hold once it's up to speed.

Cheers,
    Ross

It worked pretty good but is there a reason it will not hold it from shifting into 5th gear. I just turned the OD off and worked just like I wanted it to. Is there a way I can hold 4th gear with out truning the OD off or should I be happy with what I have. Thank's for the help guys.

Phil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast