Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Afr spikes in BBL only

Default Afr spikes in BBL only

Hi guys, Been having trouble with my V2 when downloading the bbl file to the laptop.I have only had the V2 for about a month and this is the 1st time I have played with anything like this. But have been in contact with Simon(swingtan),Nate, Jezzab and Vx leather. I am running a Techedge wideband and that is where we thought the problem was,(in the set up).But after many attempt to recal the O2 to talk to the V2,we have discovered that when the laptop is linked with the V2 and the car and logging through to the computor it works fine(No afr spikes).Unhook the laptop(nothing else) and start BBL, download the file and ,the spikes are there. Have removed as many pids from the optifie as we thought that there was to many. Tried 2 SD cards and another V2. Still happening. Would love to hear if anyone out there has a theroy or something else that I could try. Many Thanks Ian

Ian, post before/after log files.

This sounds like a floating ground.
    Please post the log as joecar said and we'll see what the deal is.
    I built 2 Te WB2.0 controllers so I have schematics and experience with them. While I have never connected one to my V2 (I have an LC-1 now) I have intimate knowledge of how they do and don't work. If I understand what you are saying here, when you don't have the laptop connected you see spikes in the log file. In my experience not having a good ground can cause "noise" spikes, but having the laptop connected would provide a better ground through the serial connector.

Simple check would to be either run an additional ground from the Te to the chassis or direct to the car battery.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

It seems like the connection to the laptop may be completing the ground path.

QUOTE=joecar;75867]Ian, post before/after log files.[/QUOTE]

BBL00065.efi

Just tried to attach file, hope it worked. This is a file of going arround the block whilst testing yesterday. Ian

Quote Originally Posted by scdyne View Post
    This sounds like a floating ground.
    Please post the log as joecar said and we'll see what the deal is.
    I built 2 Te WB2.0 controllers so I have schematics and experience with them. While I have never connected one to my V2 (I have an LC-1 now) I have intimate knowledge of how they do and don't work. If I understand what you are saying here, when you don't have the laptop connected you see spikes in the log file. In my experience not having a good ground can cause "noise" spikes, but having the laptop connected would provide a better ground through the serial connector.

Simple check would to be either run an additional ground from the Te to the chassis or direct to the car battery.
    Ok, I thk I get what you mean. So where do I attatch the extra earth to on the V2 so I can test it? Thanks Ian

refering to the ground for the tech edge not the v2
    I ate my bowl of Aussie rice for dessert, Main course was imported rice...

Quote Originally Posted by vxleather View Post
    refering to the ground for the tech edge not the v2
    Thanks Shane will look into this this afternoon. will take some time to get to the wideband where it is wired in

Guys got a chance to take a photo of Ian going out to work on his techedge this arvo... I reckon the techedge will loose hehe....

I ate my bowl of Aussie rice for dessert, Main course was imported rice...

[QUOTE=vxleather;75903]Guys got a chance to take a photo of Ian going out to work on his techedge this arvo... I reckon the techedge will loose hehe....

Wireing in another earth this morning to the o2. Fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast