Thread: TCC lock up

Cool TCC lock up

I would like to know if it's posible to lock up the tcc in 2 gear now with the new 7.5 ver. or do i have to use a copilot to do so???

Take a look at D5010 and D5065...The TCC will lock up in 2nd gear in T/H, normal mode does so in 3rd...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

I am sorry did not explaine my self. It does not lock fully or all the time when i am drag racing ,Even with the t/h. i try to adjust it at the lowest mph i can but still won't lock that low when i am drag racing.

Seems to happen when running bigger HP tunes...I've raised shift points to 3600 RPMs and the TCC locks more consistently...Make sure the ECM tune gets adjusted accordingly...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

there is a missing table that prevents this when drag racing with big hp. :(

you can set the converter to lock at 20mph in 2nd gear, but it doesnt listen.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

It feels that way with mine but in the logs I have it says it is locked all the way through starting about halfway through second.

Lifetime Member

I just looked at my log and it looks like it isnt locking untill 3rd. From a stop the duty cycle will jump to 73% for a thenth of a second in second gear then unlock again and not completly lock untill 4th.

In one run it locks but only locks with about 75% duty cycle then unlocks again in 5th?

Ive heard rasing shift points to about 3600 helps I have my shift points about 3400rpm.