Thread: Tuning both of my cars

Default Tuning both of my cars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an 06 GTO and an 06 TBSS and they have very minimal mods and probably will never have anything major done to them. Now I guess my question is, is EFI Live Flashscan something that will benefit me? I see all the gains from tunes that some guys are getting and I am curious about it. I don't want to buy a laptop, I live too far away from any tuner and I dont want to put in a wideband so thats the reason I stumbled upon the Flashscan.

Cliffnotes version, is tuning software something that could benefit me and my limited tuning knowlege and limited vehicle mods?

thanks much
    matt

Welcome to the forum Matt. There are certainly gains to be had from tuning and EFILive/Flashscan V2 will suite those needs quite well. At the moment you will still need access to a PC to perform flashing. V2 standalone flashing is still in the works. I would also encourage you to invest in a WBO2 sensor. Narrow band sensors cannot be reliably used for tuning the full operational range of your engine.

I am assuming that I can't just use my home pc that is nowhere near my vehicles to do the flashing?

If you don't want to arrange for the PC and vehicle to get closer together, then "no, not right now".

I feel ya, thanks for the insight. Oh, can efi live remove some of the torque management out of my transmissions?

Yes sir. Can do just about anything you want it to do. In fact, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get it to wash my dishes... But I'm still working on it.