Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMM TCM tunes

Default LMM TCM tunes

Who can I find tunes from?

Try the Diesel Place tune library.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I don't think there are a lot of people left there with much to offer. We need to start getting these libraries built up on the other sites.

What do you want to do?
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Try the Diesel Place tune library.

Cheers,
    Ross

Yea I looked but didn't see any for a LMM 6speed.

I pulled the tunes off Duramaxtuner.com but those are not for a LMM either. My truck would not take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    What do you want to do?

I am running a 400hp tune but I need to tune the tranny still. I didn't know that I needed a ECM and TCM to tune both

Quote Originally Posted by Nor-Cal Nick View Post
    I am running a 400hp tune but I need to tune the tranny still. I didn't know that I needed a ECM and TCM to tune both
    Do you just want to raise the shift points or something?

Quote Originally Posted by LBZRCKS View Post
    Do you just want to raise the shift points or something?
    Not sure what even can be done. As you know I tow my 18k toy hauler and there has been alot of talk on DP about my mpg while pulling, when I had the PPE I was doing the best yet but now with EFI I had not noticed that I was still running stock tranny tunes and I feel I am loosing in mpg because of that. Since I am not a "Tuner" I thought by finding a TCM tune I could try it and then tweak it to fit me the best but I don't want to just start from scratch.

Of course on the bigger HP tunes I need my tranny to not feel like it's getting raped

I was going to post on DP about my question but then thought that here would be better because the more involved EFI users I see over here
    Since I posted over here I had a 2 member that I have seen on DP help me out and I will try them today.

Thanks guys !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nor-Cal Nick View Post
    Not sure what even can be done. As you know I tow my 18k toy hauler and there has been alot of talk on DP about my mpg while pulling, when I had the PPE I was doing the best yet but now with EFI I had not noticed that I was still running stock tranny tunes and I feel I am loosing in mpg because of that. Since I am not a "Tuner" I thought by finding a TCM tune I could try it and then tweak it to fit me the best but I don't want to just start from scratch.

Of course on the bigger HP tunes I need my tranny to not feel like it's getting raped

I was going to post on DP about my question but then thought that here would be better because the more involved EFI users I see over here
    Since I posted over here I had a 2 member that I have seen on DP help me out and I will try them today.

Thanks guys !!!
    Well the PPE tuner doesn't make any changes in you TCM, it only flashes your ECM. I would make changes to your ECM tune that you currently have to get better mileage.

For the bigger HP tunes there isn't much you can do to help save you trans, the best thing would be raise the shift points to try and help since our trannies seem to like higher shift points with lower torque.

From what I have heard the main thing that people do to there TCM's to try and improve mileage is lower the shift points and try and keep there rpms lower.

Quote Originally Posted by LBZRCKS View Post
    Well the PPE tuner doesn't make any changes in you TCM, it only flashes your ECM. I would make changes to your ECM tune that you currently have to get better mileage.

For the bigger HP tunes there isn't much you can do to help save you trans, the best thing would be raise the shift points to try and help since our trannies seem to like higher shift points with lower torque.

From what I have heard the main thing that people do to there TCM's to try and improve mileage is lower the shift points and try and keep there rpms lower.

OK, I thought that PPE did a couple TCM changes Yea, I'm not so much trying to save the trans more less it just seemed like for the tune the shifting was way off.

So I loaded a tranny file that one guy sent me and a big tune. Put about 70miles on it yesterday and man what a difference. Trans doesn't act all weird. I still have 2 other TCM tunes to try but already better. The tranny tune is not for towing so I still need to get with someone that can help me on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast