Thread: fan probs

Default fan probs

firstly hi guys

this is my first time playing with tune on a v8,ive always been a turbo man with 2.0 engines till now

ive got a nissan 200sx we have just fitted a 2006 ls2 from a gto in but have a few issues with the fan control

im using 2 fans with 2 relays but i under stand on 1 wire from ecu will switch but i have smaller fan running as soon as engine is started even when its cold

only way i can stop that is remove the 100 numbers in the acp table to 0 then it turns off but i cant get it switch on at certian temp

ive searched on here but most ref to fan info has a much more different options to mine

Double check your fan wiring. Are you using the GTO OS in your E40 or an OS from a truck that had an engine driven fan? The truck OS will only ground 1 fan relay.

If all is well with wiring then put all the fan settings to stock and start over. Slowly lower your tables using the same percentages but at a lower temp.

If you have A/C then the ECM WILL NOT turn the compressor on. You must turn the A/C on manually, unless you have the BCM from the GTO. BUT...if you use the high side GM A/C sensor then the ECM will see high pressure and turn the fan on anyway, even though the ECM hasn't turned on the A/C.

Good Luck! John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTO FANS 06.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	3712  

hi

im using the std gto file os 12604792

what do the % represent?? voltage level??

im not using the ac the wire for pressure is just left loose but fan runs all time,but if i flash another tune with all values in fan power acp to 0 then fan wont work at all

No because the relay is on or off, no in between. I've never been able to make heads or tales with it but after considerable f'ing around with I got it close enough.

you will probably find that the way your tune is set up is to run with the % numbers for PWM fans like in corvettes - the reason why there are other numbers in there other than 0 and 100...

e38's are a very different beast to the LS1 PCM's

theres 3 options of fans to run

i think they were discrete,or pwm or magnetic

Thats right and you need to have it set up correctly so it operates like an On/Off setup (if thats what you want) and not a gradual spin up (like Corvettes have in the states)