Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a waste of a Day!!!

Default What a waste of a Day!!!

damn...fooled with this stupid LC1 wideband all day trying to figure out where everything needed to be and how it needs to be wired....ended up zip tying the main portion of the LC1 right below the shifter area ran the wires through the boot that covers the shifter and stuffed those wires away until I can finish it...I was at the auto skills shop here on base and didnt want to leave the car until monday so I put the tunnel plate back on and bolted the exhaust back up and bounced...not looking forward to taking the zillion bolts that hold the tunnel plate on back off so I can put my WB 02 in my x pipe and connect it where its currently zip tied....my problem was this...I hate electronic shit, I can put Heads cam and intake on my vette but when it comes time to anything electronic shit i cant even install a WB 02 sensor...where the hell can I get a switched 12 Volt under the console/dash.....or should I say what did you guys use to connect your LC1 to get a switched hot...I see people have them mounted in the car, under the car, in the engine bay....no set way to do this...every wire I poked under the dash/console was hot switch on/switch off
    On a Side note I did get to bleed my slave Cylinder today which was a majob PITA with LT's in place so thats really the only thing I accomplished today

BTW this is on a 2002 Z06 for all you corvette helpers

try the fuse box.
    there should be an open spot. (IGN)

I ran my wires back out thru the firewall and to the fuse box in the engine compartment.
    You need a good ground so run all wires out and ground to the back of the cyl head.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtomac View Post
    damn...fooled with this stupid LC1 wideband all day trying to figure out where everything needed to be and how it needs to be wired....ended up zip tying the main portion of the LC1 right below the shifter area ran the wires through the boot that covers the shifter and stuffed those wires away until I can finish it...I was at the auto skills shop here on base and didnt want to leave the car until monday so I put the tunnel plate back on and bolted the exhaust back up and bounced...not looking forward to taking the zillion bolts that hold the tunnel plate on back off so I can put my WB 02 in my x pipe and connect it where its currently zip tied....my problem was this...I hate electronic shit, I can put Heads cam and intake on my vette but when it comes time to anything electronic shit i cant even install a WB 02 sensor...where the hell can I get a switched 12 Volt under the console/dash.....or should I say what did you guys use to connect your LC1 to get a switched hot...I see people have them mounted in the car, under the car, in the engine bay....no set way to do this...every wire I poked under the dash/console was hot switch on/switch off
    On a Side note I did get to bleed my slave Cylinder today which was a majob PITA with LT's in place so thats really the only thing I accomplished today

BTW this is on a 2002 Z06 for all you corvette helpers
    From another 2002 Z06. What I did, for better or worse...

I have Kook's LT, so I welded the bung before the original O2 sensor location right behind the scattershield. Therefore, the wb is right in front of the tunnel shield area. Then, I bolted the wideband cable to the bottom of the bellhousing to keep it from touching the exhaust w/cable wrapping bolt done connector.

I had to take a piece of 120v house wiring and push it through the shift inside towards the bellhousing. Then I used electrical tape to make a smooth connection and pulled it back through. UNFORTUNATELY, the LC1 has short WB harness, so I had to actually mount the LC1 box itself in the upper part of the tunnel. I would like to go back on replacement w/a longer cable but only during replacement.

Then, I used the right front post of the shifter hold down bolts (after sanding down to the metal) as a ground w/all grounds soldiered and connected here.
    The positive key power source is the huge (around 6 gauge) yellow wire under the dash very near the key. I soldiered to it. I had to take the console OUT as I wired the LED in the cig lighter area along w/recal button.

Last, I soldiered an 8mm to RJ14(6 wire connector) and rounted the in/out cables through the console near the 12v power source jack. BTW, that power source looked to small to mess with and I think its always on.

No problems to date...

Forgot to mention. On the passengers side, there is a free key switched power source, I forget which wire it is. I used this wire on my 03 Z w/no problems.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post

I have Kook's LT, so I welded the bung before the original O2 sensor location right behind the scattershield. Therefore, the wb is right in front of the tunnel shield area. Then, I bolted the wideband cable to the bottom of the bellhousing to keep it from touching the exhaust w/cable wrapping bolt done connector.

I had to take a piece of 120v house wiring and push it through the shift inside towards the bellhousing. Then I used electrical tape to make a smooth connection and pulled it back through. UNFORTUNATELY, the LC1 has short WB harness, so I had to actually mount the LC1 box itself in the upper part of the tunnel. I would like to go back on replacement w/a longer cable but only during replacement.

Then, I used the right front post of the shifter hold down bolts (after sanding down to the metal) as a ground w/all grounds soldiered and connected here.
    The positive key power source is the huge (around 6 gauge) yellow wire under the dash very near the key. I soldiered to it. I had to take the console OUT as I wired the LED in the cig lighter area along w/recal button.

Last, I soldiered an 8mm to RJ14(6 wire connector) and rounted the in/out cables through the console near the 12v power source jack. BTW, that power source looked to small to mess with and I think its always on.

No problems to date...

Forgot to mention. On the passengers side, there is a free key switched power source, I forget which wire it is. I used this wire on my 03 Z w/no problems.

Im putting my WB 02 where the rear 02s would be if i would have them....aka about 15 inches behind the front 02s.....Using LG pros...RJ14 wtf is that...i had the console out and the under drivers side dash...

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post

No problems to date...

I had to take a piece of 120v house wiring and push it through the shift inside towards the bellhousing.
    not sure what this says...further explain...thanks

Lifetime Member

I had to take a piece of 120v house wiring and push it through the shift inside towards the bellhousing.
    not sure what this says...further explain...thanks
    Sorry dude, I just got that part of the message. The tunnel was so long that I could not push the WB wire through, so I used a piece of stiff wire to get it through the tunnel.
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

whats RJ14

I tapped into the power on the power seat and switch via relay by the B1S2 heater circuit.

Lifetime Member

whats RJ14
    I was referencing the serial input connector next to the FlashScan's USB port.
    Just make sure if you are using the RJ connector it has pins 1,2, and 5 which are the ones used for the serial connection.
    http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....3&d=1211350225

More Info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RJ11%2C_RJ14%2C_RJ25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast