Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: credit issue

Lifetime Member

Default credit issue

Hi,

I've installed '02 commodore engine on ZX, I've got 99 pcm (camaro). When I connected the pcm to the car it run nice, next day it was surging and bombing bad. The third day it run okay, then bad again. After few days, most of the sensors can't be viewed by the scan tool; it says "invalid PID" for basic stuff such as engine speed

Do u think the pcm got malfunction, it gave me over 600% duty cycle on both sides in addition to 0 to 40 spark within one sec.

What can I do to save my credit, is there any thing I could remove from this pcm and install in another one?
    Regards,

Odd Boy

Lifetime Member

please hellllllllp
    Regards,

Odd Boy

did you try scannin for DTC's?

Lifetime Member

here it is

Quote Originally Posted by odd boy View Post
    When I connected the pcm to the car it run nice, next day it was surging and bombing bad.

It showed P1637 " Generator 2-L terminal circut"
    The third day it run okay, then bad again. After few days, most of the sensors can't be viewed by the scan tool; it says "invalid PID" for basic stuff such as engine speed

That time, no code was on
    What can I do to save my credit, is there any thing I could remove from this pcm and install in another one?

I've got another pcm, if there is something I can do to transfer the credit over there that will be the solution
    Regards,

Odd Boy

You mean licesnse right? Each PCM requires it's own license unless you have a stream.

Since you had the P1637 code, what is the charge and battery voltage like? I've seen weak-nuts batteries with just enough to start an engine put enough load on the electrical system that the engine would run like crap.
    Last edited by TAQuickness; August 10th, 2008 at 04:22 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    You mean licesnse right? Each PCM requires it's own license unless you have a stream.
    so if I remove the blue chip from PCM 1 and but in PCM 2, I won't be able to save the license??? I need the license in one of them only

Since you had the P1637 code, what is the charge and batter voltage like? I've seen weak- nuts batteries with just enough to start an engine put enough load on the electrical system that the engine would run like crap.
    you're right, the charger was not working, but now it is working and the problem still exsists.

the 2nd issue is ===> why I couldn't view the basic PIDs through the scan tool like the engine speed???
    Regards,

Odd Boy

so if I remove the blue chip from PCM 1 and but in PCM 2, I won't be able to save the license??? I need the license in one of them only
    I don't follow what you are saying.

you're right, the charger was not working, but now it is working and the problem still exsists.
    Ok, so what is the state of the battery? Have you tried putting in a known good battery and allowing enough of a drive cycle for the PCM to relearn?

the 2nd issue is ===> why I couldn't view the basic PIDs through the scan tool like the engine speed???
    For shits and grins, you can swap in a known good PCM to see if it solves some of the problems you are having.

Lifetime Member

I don't follow what you are saying.
    I have two PCM's, one is Camaro '99 PCM and the other one is Commodore '01. I encountered the problem with '99 PCM, I tried the other one and it run fine with car but after I unlocked the 99 PCM. Then I faced all problems I told earlier.

If you open up the PCM it self (disassemble the PCM) you will find a blue chip, my point is if I swap it to the Commodore PCM will it work or not.

Ok, so what is the state of the battery? Have you tried putting in a known good battery and allowing enough of a drive cycle for the PCM to relearn?
    As I said in the previous paragraph, I put another PCM and it worked fine

For shits and grins, you can swap in a known good PCM to see if it solves some of the problems you are having.
    When I put the other PCM the scan tool was working perfect
    Regards,

Odd Boy

It sounds like you are still running the Camaro tune?
    You need to use a Holden tune if you are running a VX engine. The accessories config on the Camaro motor was different to the Aussie engine (the alternator being one of the differences). Some of the PCM behaviour does sound like a worry but don't panic yet until you get the Holden tune in to it.
    Go to - http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php
    Grab a VX file to suit, full flash it in and most of your problems should go away. (Don't forget to turn the VATS off).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

What is VX engine? What are the differences other than the alternator?
    You are right, because when I connect the Commodore PCM the engine runs better.

I have already created script for Holden cars, I'm going to run it tonight and give the results
    Regards,

Odd Boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast