Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat removal

Default Cat removal

After removing the cat(Yeah Yeah I know) I've considerably lost low end, and maybe 1 - 1.5 mpg where can i compensate in the tune to regain that power and the mpg ?

Thanks

I can understand, a little, the low end loss, but the decrease in economy is surprising. You might run thru the AutoVE tutorial a bit to see how far off your tune is and adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    I can understand, a little, the low end loss, but the decrease in economy is surprising. You might run thru the AutoVE tutorial a bit to see how far off your tune is and adjust accordingly.
    Well having a Trailblazer and all, to get the thing to move you need low end...so i guess by pressing a bit harder on it, in the end you spend more gas ? am i wrong in thinking so ?

The tutorial ? huh ? i can't see that one...is it in the software ?

thanks

Did you get past the previous problem (reduced power mode , and full flash) ?
    If so how and what was it ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

From the Scan or Tune tool help menu click Help -> Tutorials -> AutoVE tutorial. The tutorial is specific to the Gen3 PCM's an may not apply directly to your TB. There are Gen4 specifics floating around the forum somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    Did you get past the previous problem (reduced power mode , and full flash) ?
    If so how and what was it ?
    I never had a rep light, i just did'nt want to get one if i removed my tuned pcm and replaced it with a stock one, i am running an efan on the trailblazer, and i know that gm was kind enough to build a pcm that's pretty much useless for any kind of tuning as per what i am seing more and more, nothing comes easy on this one...lol

for the full flash, the competiton does it, but it also has its flaws

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    From the Scan or Tune tool help menu click Help -> Tutorials -> AutoVE tutorial. The tutorial is specific to the Gen3 PCM's an may not apply directly to your TB. There are Gen4 specifics floating around the forum somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you.
    Thanks that would be great...

I've found the tutorials, but they don't really help me much, i think i might just get a mish mash of both technologies out there, efi live and hp tuners to get what i need done...

Quote Originally Posted by pjaneiro View Post
    I never had a rep light, i just did'nt want to get one if i removed my tuned pcm and replaced it with a stock one, i am running an efan on the trailblazer, and i know that gm was kind enough to build a pcm that's pretty much useless for any kind of tuning as per what i am seing more and more, nothing comes easy on this one...lol

for the full flash, the competiton does it, but it also has its flaws
    I guess I missed the reason for a "Full Flash" , seems only reason for a "Full Flash" is to change the OS , other wise a "Calibration Only" would do the trick !
    Did you contact Jesse Bubb at Wiat4MePerformance , seems he was working on some added .calz for the P10 .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Here it is. It's a sticky in the Gen4 section.

I haven't done much outside the Gen3 PCM's, but I'm thinking you may have the option to utilize the virtual VE table for part of your tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    I guess I missed the reason for a "Full Flash" , seems only reason for a "Full Flash" is to change the OS , other wise a "Calibration Only" would do the trick !
    Did you contact Jesse Bubb at Wiat4MePerformance , seems he was working on some added .calz for the P10 .
    The reason for a full flash is that i am starting to doubt the reliability of efilive when it come to flashing just the cals, i've read a few posts and experienced myself now that some pcms might not take teh flashing on teh first shot, even if it says so, i've had my pcm flashed and i am strating to beleive something failed somewhere, as i still have some options that are not ticked...

with a full flash at least i could be sure that i do indeed have a working flash or not...works or does not...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast