Thread: DFCO with ECT

Default DFCO with ECT

When I look at the SS logs supplied with EFILIVE, idle is at 0% throttle. So when you lift off the throttle it will drop below the 2% or so required and if everything else is in order we get DFCO.
    When I log SAE.TP ( throttle position ) on my ECT equiped VZ it never goes below 6.3% at idle, but the DFCO enable level is set at the same level (around 2% ).
    Does this mean that ECT cars don't have DFCO? or
    Am I logging the wrong PID?
    Thanks, Steve
    Just got off the showroom floor, now lets fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by vzsv8 View Post
    When I look at the SS logs supplied with EFILIVE, idle is at 0% throttle. So when you lift off the throttle it will drop below the 2% or so required and if everything else is in order we get DFCO.
    When I log SAE.TP ( throttle position ) on my ECT equiped VZ it never goes below 6.3% at idle, but the DFCO enable level is set at the same level (around 2% ).
    Does this mean that ECT cars don't have DFCO? or
    Am I logging the wrong PID?
    Thanks, Steve
    I think it refers to absolute TP%. What the PCM commands the *ETC* motor to do in terms of maintaining idle isn't referenced for the spark, DFCO, etc. tables.

Correct, I have looked at the logs more carefully and the injector pulse widths do go below idle level. For example:
    Idle
    Pulse With: 2.976ms

Correct, I have looked at the logs more carefully and the injector pulse widths do go below idle level. For example:

Idle: Deceleration:
    Pulse With: 2.976ms Pulse width: 1.587ms
    Throttle: 5.1% Throttle: 7.1%

The only conclusion is that the idle position is subtracted from the throttle position during deceleration before DFCO calculations are made. The only problem is that there is a 2% difference between my hot idle percentage and my 'foot off' DFCO position. Back to the logging I guess. I hate a unsolved problem.
    BTW Thank you EFILIVE for black box logging on V2, an SD card is much smaller than my laptop.
    Cheers, Steve

Any more ideas on this....I'm logging absolute throttle position on a 2004 GMC Sierra 5.3L with ECT, and am never seeing TP% go below 6.5 or so. It's 10 or better at idle. Default DFCO throttle enable settings are from below 1% to 7%, so it'll never turn on by default. Tried raising to 15% did see a *tiny* bit but need to raise the MAP enable levels for it to work.

Very new to tuning, thought the TP% PID was supposed to read 0%-100% based on pedal position....looked at a log of a 99 Camaro and it does exactly that.

Log accelerator pedal position instead for ETC