Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0411 pcm wiring??

Default 0411 pcm wiring??

My intentions are to flash my pcm for the 2002 Express van with the 5.7L and currently my pcm is wired for the 4.3L. I have a subscription to AllData so obtaining wiring diagrams is no problem, but am i able to rearrange the wiring of the computer to match the 5.7L and add a few wires? As long as the wiring at the pcm matches, then the truck should be correct, right? Any help would be great!! Thanks

So are you saying that you are currently running the 0411 PCM with a 4.3? If so, just add the two extra wires from the PCM to the V8 style injector connector and you will be ready to go. If you are using another PCM, you should follow the wiring differences from the current configuration of the 4.3 to the 2002 Express Van 5.7.
    Good luck,
    AL
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

I am using the current 4.3L pcm. There are about 9 differences in pinout points between the two pcms. Do i re-wire the pcm to match the express van? Basicall there are injector pinouts on the 5.7L van that are different than the 4.3L but all other wiring pinouts are correct.

What year and type of vehicle are you working with?

Current vehicle is a 2001 S10 4.3L V6 with 4L60E trans. sorry, i should have said that initially.

From what I can see, there isn't too many hurdles. The Express didn't come with 4WD, so that could be an issue if you are. The injectors are in different locations, not just #'s 7 & 8. The 5.7 has 4 O2 sensors as does yours but they are in different locations, don't get them in the wrong location. There is an engine speed signal coming from the PCM to the IPC, however the cluster schematics show the Tachometer getting its info from Class II. Not sure which one actually does the driving.
    Al

Thanks for all your help!! that answers almost everything.I am not using 4wd so i wont have that obstacle but with the engine speed from pin 10 on connector 2, is there any way i can tap into the crank trigger to give this signal to the cluster? i guess i could try running the engie without it and if needed a teach in the future, i could buy one. I would rather keep the truck as factory looking as possible.

The engine speed signal is there. It may be too fast for your six cylinder tach. If the tach reads direct from an engine speed signal, it will be artificially higher. If the tach uses Class II data, you are good.
    AL

Ah. now i see what you are saying. Basically the idea behind the pcm of the 2001 s10 is to have a direct signal wire from the pcm to the instrument cluster. The 2002 Express van uses the class II serial data line to give the input for the tachometer. I understand now, and now all this is becoming more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by onegonewild View Post
    Ah. now i see what you are saying. Basically the idea behind the pcm of the 2001 s10 is to have a direct signal wire from the pcm to the instrument cluster. The 2002 Express van uses the class II serial data line to give the input for the tachometer. I understand now, and now all this is becoming more clear.

Let me start by sayin I’m sorry for digging up an old post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast