Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2009 ZR1 tune, a quick look.

Well, I can't explain why GM do any of what they do. I mean why would they 'really' need to have released over 25 operating systems for the E38 in a 2 year period!

I don't know why some tunes seem rougher than others, it does seem odd that they would go from 12.4:1 AFR to 11.02:1 AFR within the space of 1500RPM in the PE table on the LS2 Vette, yet the same year SUV's, trucks seem 'normal'.

I'm sure they have their reasons, I just don't know what they are, but I have a feeling they probably aren't looking at nice 2D/3D graphs like you guys get to.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well, I can't explain why GM do any of what they do. I mean why would they 'really' need to have released over 25 operating systems for the E38 in a 2 year period!

I don't know why some tunes seem rougher than others, it does seem odd that they would go from 12.4:1 AFR to 11.02:1 AFR within the space of 1500RPM in the PE table on the LS2 Vette, yet the same year SUV's, trucks seem 'normal'.

I'm sure they have their reasons, I just don't know what they are, but I have a feeling they probably aren't looking at nice 2D/3D graphs like you guys get to.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I think it's all about making it more work for guy's like you Ross. It's just that bureaucratic world we live in.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Lifetime Member

Sorry.. my question should have been.. Can an E67 PCM be installed in an ls2 E38 Car? just plug and play?

Thanks
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Could be plug and play except one has 2 connectors the other has 3!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,

Im trying to tune my ls9 cam in my lq4 - Im wondering if I can use the same high octane table - it sure looks different but im intrigued by thinking that the high LSA may require more aggressive timing to optumized. Any thoughts?

Thanks

James Bond
    2002 GMC Sierra ECSB
    Turbonetics T7675 6lbs boost, 42lb injectors, Single 4 inch exhaust with Hi-Flow Cats, 6.0 swap, Comp Cam LS9 Cam, EFIlive Tune, E-fans, Snow Performance Meth Kit, soon to add KB Boost a Pump,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234