Thread: DBW Issue

Default DBW Issue

I don't have DBW never did. I recieved efi live and changed out the tune that I got off Ebay. was programmed with a 5.3 with a manual trans. I asked to have it programmed for a 6.0/4l60e. I did a segment swap with a 00 truck with a 6.0 and then the same for the 4l60e. Some how I installed the DBW setup. How the hell do I remove it. I don't understand since I never had it to begin with...

You must not have used the correct tune for the segment swaps. You can always just turn off all the DBW stuff. Post up both tunes, and we'll take a look.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

I used the same OS, I know they didn't have DBW in 2000. Not really sure what I could have done wrong.

Let me throw this out there also. When I plug the scanner into the truck the DBW folder comes up red. But soon as I unplug the scanner that folder goes away. The truck idles at 1800-1900. Which it didn't do before I touched it. Thanks for the help. I plan on taking a course on this before I do much more, I just want to drive the truck once before it snows up here in Alaska....

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

When you open a tune with the cable plugged it, it will show the DBW folder in red, that is normal it's in most every tune file. It goes back to when there was a personal and commercial version and you could only make changed to DBW stuff if you had commercial, since there is a possibility to do bad thing to the PCM in those tables. If you don't have DBW, then those tables are ignored. The only difference between the two tunes you posted is that the rear o2's have been turned off and some other DTC codes changed, and a slight change in the 1-2 base trans shift pressure. Does it run normally on the original tune?
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

I some how screwed up I thought I had saved the original tune but I guess I over wrote it. Been some long days. before if I plugged in the TPS it would not rev above 1200 rpm and then would start to surge. The transmission didn't shift. Only had limp home mode. After I did the reprogram the trans works or at least gets into first. The only problem I have is the it wants to idle at 1800 RPM. I have no clue why, I thought the pcm was looking for a DBW system and I didn't have one. Maybe I have a huge vacume leak?

Well actually I can't because before I touched it, it idled at 800ish rpm. so I had to have done something with the tune????? Any thoughts??