Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: FlashScan V2 Serial Wideband Logging

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Allow the V2 device about 10-20 seconds while connected to the wide band (i.e. with the orange LED flashing). That will cause FLashScan to record the serial data it is seeing.
    Then select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.
    Then copy the trace file from FlashScan to your PC using EFILive_Explorer and email it to me with a link to this thread.

I'll check what data is being received and why FlashScan won't see it.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Allow the V2 device about 10-20 seconds while connected to the wide band (i.e. with the orange LED flashing). That will cause FLashScan to record the serial data it is seeing.
    Then select the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File.
    Then copy the trace file from FlashScan to your PC using EFILive_Explorer and email it to me with a link to this thread.

I'll check what data is being received and why FlashScan won't see it.

Regards
    Paul
    You still good for people to do this for new widebands that support serial input Paul?

I have purchased a new wideband that uses lsu 4.9 sensors to replace the shitty old lsu 11's for my dyno. the dyno takes the analog signal but I can use the serial output for efilive. :-)
    http://www.ecotrons.com/files/ALM-Gauge%20Manual.pdf

is the sensor kit im using.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    You still good for people to do this for new widebands that support serial input Paul?

I have purchased a new wideband that uses lsu 4.9 sensors to replace the shitty old lsu 11's for my dyno. the dyno takes the analog signal but I can use the serial output for efilive. :-)
    http://www.ecotrons.com/files/ALM-Gauge%20Manual.pdf

is the sensor kit im using.
    I'm already working on an interface for the ALM. But send me whatevdr serial data you can capture from yours. The more data I can get the easier it is to develop the interface for it.

However, ther eis a new save trace option on FlashScan that you should use:
    F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data.

That options saves the COM buffers into a plain *.bin file. If you're interested in seeing the COM data, you can view the file using a hex editor (like Hex Workshop). The file is 4K, each of the 4x1K blocks are:
    1: COM1 write buffer (0x0000..0x03FF)
    2: COM1 read buffer (0x0400..0x07FF)
    3: COM2 write buffer (0x0800..0x0BFF)
    4: COM2 read buffer (0x0C00..0x0FFF)

The data that is read from the wideband is read on COM1 so the data should appear in the bin file at 0x0400..0x07FF.

Regards
    Paul

Regards
    Paul

Cool. I'll have a play on the weekend and email it to you then.

have you been having issues with the device sending data? using the factory program to log from the ecu it makes you connect then start recording. so im wondering if they are sending data out automatically.

or i just have my wiring wrong, will it matter what wideband i have setup for the serial port?

Thanks for the reply, I ended up buying a different one but I will try to send you the log file if I have a chance
    Thanks,

Matt Derks

www.derkscustomcars.com

I sent an email through to the support address Paul. it appears for this to work the efilive controller needs to sent a connect/start command for data to be received. i attached a link to what i presume is the data commands necessary.

I've also sent an email to the manufacturer to see if i can get a firmware that automatically sends data out.

Lifetime Member

I have my V2 communicating with my LM-2 serial cable. I can see lambda on the V2. However, my scan tool isn't seeing the serial input. Looking at the tutorial one is suppose to drag & drop the Options.ini file to the Config files in EFILive Explorer. I don't have any Options.ini file. In fact, I don't have a Programs file under V8 (and it is V8, not V8.1). I am logging EXTWO2.LAM1, but it is not happening in the data logging process. Also, for CALC.VEN, if I right click the PID, there is the following for both expressions: Expression is valid. PID value cannot be determined because the following error would occur: Divide by zero.

I need to get something accomplished so for now I'm canning the serial and connecting analog.

Lifetime Member

Well, something is amiss. My scan tool doesn't see my wideband in analog form either.

There was a bug that caused all external PIDs (serial and analog) to not be received by the V7 pass-thru scan tool software.

Please update your V7 and V8 software to this pre-release: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release
    After updating/installing V8, click on the [Check Firmware] button in the main V8 window to update the firmware on your FlashScan device.

The bug was listed as known issue #2 here:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...Public-Release

Regards
    Paul

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast