Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E38 Custom OS Testing

I just wanted to give everyone an update on what is happening with these new custom OS's.

There hasn't been too much work on these over the last few weeks as we've been busy getting our 2009 support up to date for the next software update, however, behind the scenes there has been a bit of testing going on which so far has been pretty good.
    I recently made another change to the operation of the custom OS's that will mean I will need to get our beta testers to go through everything again. This will be the last operational change made, so if all goes well we will start to roll these custom OS's out (for both E38 & E67).

Here's some features of what the additional functions are in the custom OS -

• Valet Mode MPH & RPM Limiters, activated from the V2 hardware (with the option of a password).
    • Bad Fuel Mode, forces low octane table, activated from the V2 hardware.
    • NOS Mode spark and fuel tables, activated from the V2 hardware or from a spare ECM input.
    • ECM spare output 1, switched on based on various parameters (RPM, MAP etc), good for water injection etc.
    • ECM spare output 2, same as above except this output can also be turned on above a knock threshold.

A couple of people have asked about a 2bar & SD OS for the E38, again, such a thing is not necessary for the E38 or E67 as they support 2 bar and SD operation from the factory.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the update Ross.

Are we any closer to getting DMA PID support for BBL in the E38 COS ?

Simon

Any possibility of electric fan control for the E67 in one of these operating systems?
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Thanks for the update Ross.

Are we any closer to getting DMA PID support for BBL in the E38 COS ?

Simon
    Yes, it's done and will be in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    Any possibility of electric fan control for the E67 in one of these operating systems?
    Al
    Do any factory vehicles currently do this on the E67?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross there are several vehicles with the E67 and e-fans. The 2006 CADILLAC STS-V, the 2007 and 2008 “LS4” 5.3L V8 ( LS4 ) & the 3.9Ls built for the Buick Terazza, Chevrolet Uplander, Pontiac Montana SV6 and Saturn Relay are equipped with the high-line E67 ECM. The Cadillac is the only rear wheel drive vehicle. The 2007 & 2008 LS4 ECM is probably the closest match to the rear wheel drive LS2 in the Trailblazer SS/Saab 97X/GMC Envoy which has a mechanical only cooling fan.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

In that case Al, it's not a custom OS thing, if we added the fan controls in to the normal OS's then the custom OS would get them too.

I do get hounded a lot for the fan controls, my head hurts whenever I look at it because there is about 100 calibrations alone on fan control.

Cheers,
    Ross

Hi Guys, i have one of the custom os's in my car from Dan and im wanting to use the valet mode for security. When will the ability to turn on valet mode be available via the v2 hardware?

though i reakon i'm pretty safe, there have been quite a few hipo cars stolen in perth lately, so if being locked at 60kph and a 2000rpm limiter increases the chances they might dump the car close bye.

Cheers
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; May 3rd, 2009 at 01:09 AM.

The ability is already there. You need to set up the V2 to be able to do it though.

In the "options.txt" file, you need the following section added to allow for the switching....

Code:
    ; _________________________________________________________________________
    *SW_GAS
    ;
    ;Switchable tune list for E38 gas vehicles
    ;-----------------------------------------
    ;
    ;Description (not more than 16 characters)
    ;-----------------------------------------
    Stock Tune
    Valet Mode
    Low Octane
    Tow Mode
    Not Used
    Then when using the V2, you do the following...

From the home menu, enter F3, F3, then select the tune you want.

The selected tune will remain active through PCM resets, so resting the PCM will not turn off Valet mode etc. If you loose the V2, you'll be stuck in whatever mode you have set until you find another V2.

Simon.

back from the dead ! anyway I could get this os system for my ls7 e38 .been looking for a valet mode. would really appreciate it

Sorry, 7 years on we aren't going to resurrect this as there was very little interest in the beginning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast