Thread: New to COS5 setting up N2O

Default New to COS5 setting up N2O

I have just gone to COS5, and thanks to all the info on this site I had no problems getting it up and running. My question is this, why does my timing retard work with the switch, but VE modifier does nothing? I cannot find much info about this, do I have to be running SD? I have been over this thing 100 times today and any more info would be appreciated.

Can you post up your tune and logs?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

I have had the same problem was it resolved?
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

mine seems to only work when i actually spray if not it hardly changes the afr. its weird i just tried it n/a and it did nothing but sprayed a 50 shot and went rich. i thought it worked without the n20 before the update but didnt seem to make a diffrence lately.

Are you absolutely sure the PCM is getting the trigger on it's pin when the NOS is not actually spraying?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Are you absolutely sure the PCM is getting the trigger on it's pin when the NOS is not actually spraying?
    Mine is on a toggle, I have 3 degree's pulled in the COS part of the tune. when I activate the toggle I can see the 3 degrees pulled immediately (as it should).

On the VE multiplier, I have set 1.1 to .9 for the value. This is to help it along at the lean side and then lean it out (the dry shot richens near the end). I have never seen this work. Eurospec1 says I should see the commanded AFR change when its active. I have not seen this happen when the toggle is on (but the timing pull works).

I have a new tune I am trying today from Doug @ ECS maybe it will work.

Worse case, maybe the tutorial or notes need to be a bit clearer on what values need to be in the COS 5 to enable the VE multiplier for Nitrous Monitor?
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

i had to put 1.3xx just to get in the 11.7 range on 150 shot dry.

any updates on this?

I still had the Maf plugged in. oops. Figured it out later that day. The program works excellent now. My best now is 11.08 with the nitrous, now to just get a progressive controller and eliminate some of this wheelspin.

FYI: I had great success with the VE modifier eliminating the lean spike going to a value of 1.2 in line with my window switch, and fine tuning my A/F after that. I am very satisfied with the addition of this.