Thread: Wideband does not read correct with V2

Lifetime Member

Default Wideband does not read correct with V2

Boy, this new V2 upgrade I did has so far been about as big a nightmare as my recent divorce...

I finally got everything squared away. I hook up my LC-1 wideband to the V2 and I get about a 7.5-8.5 AFR. It worked perfectly with my V1.

I have the blue to ground, yellow to the AD1+, Green& white to AD1-, and red to battery. Not sure what is going on and or what changed since I ran it last with my V1 setup.

Any advice?
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Have you calibrated the V2 analog inputs? Have you used Logworks to verify the LC-1 analog output programing has not changed (I recently had an LC-1 mysteriously reset itself to factory defaults)? Have you considered logging the LC-1 via the serial connection?

Lifetime Member

Not sure how to do any of that. Its wierd. If I have the lc1 pluged into the v2 and start logging, it shows .1 vols on the lc1 in efilive. If while syill logging with efilive, I unplug and then plug the lc1 back int the v2, it will instantly pop up with about 2.8 volts.
    What is the fastest way to verify the lc1? Do I have to use logworks? is that the software that comes with the lc1? I damaged one of the two plugs that come out of the lc1 box years ago so I am not sure I can use logworks...this is such a mess.... lol.

Thanks!
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Did you damage the "IN" or "OUT" plug? Your laptop must be connected to the "OUT" plug (with a USB to serial converter if your laptop does not have a serial input). The terminator, which is actually just a short must be plugged into the "IN" plug.

The V1 has two analog inputs on the orange connector and a ground. The V2 has 4 analog inputs each with it's own ground.

If it has been a while since you have set things up and you are unsure of the material condition of the LC-1's plugs and the V1 reads the info ok, you could just have the wrong LC-1 channel in the V2's analog input 1 connector. (Swap yellow or brown lc-1 wires into the V2 connector).

Get this figured out and then dive into calibrating the V2's analog input.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket View Post
    Not sure how to do any of that. Its wierd. If I have the lc1 pluged into the v2 and start logging, it shows .1 vols on the lc1 in efilive. If while syill logging with efilive, I unplug and then plug the lc1 back int the v2, it will instantly pop up with about 2.8 volts.
    What is the fastest way to verify the lc1? Do I have to use logworks? is that the software that comes with the lc1? I damaged one of the two plugs that come out of the lc1 box years ago so I am not sure I can use logworks...this is such a mess.... lol.

Thanks!
    use the LMProgrammer software to set your analog out voltage
    to a constant. (1-5 volts)
    then you compare the set voltage to the logged voltage.
    also make sure your fuel setting is proper.

Why even mess with Analog wiring , just buy or make the digital input wire for the LC-1 to V2 and have much cleaner data , much easier also .
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8794
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

If you have V2, why don't you simply go with serial/digital AFR... see the link in TAQuickness's sig.