Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Standalone flashing before SEMA?

Lifetime Member

Hopefully instant license process with the new website?

And thanks for the mini time table Paul, just knowing how you fellas are attacking it is nice.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thank you Paul for the quick update. I hope you are able to stick to it or even beat it, lol. Now, GET BACK TO WORK!! LOL!!
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hopefully instant license process with the new website?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    And thanks for the mini time table Paul, just knowing how you fellas are attacking it is nice.
    Attacking is the right word. Sometimes development can grind to a halt because of one or two problems. And many times those problems are only solved after hours (sometimes days) researching on the internet. I'm thinking about starting up a "developer solutions" forum topic where I can post up issues that are holding up development and hopefully with more people helping with research, the solutions will be speedier.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Yes

I'm thinking about starting up a "developer solutions" forum topic where I can post up issues that are holding up development and hopefully with more people helping with research, the solutions will be speedier.

Regards
    Paul
    This is a great idea!
    Aaron
    '03 Z06 Corvette - The normal stuff...
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101
    EFI University Evangelist

Thanks for the update.
    99 Silverado 2500 Extracab Longbed
    33" BFG's - American Racing Rims

Custom Dual Upper console gauge mount w/Autometer Sport Comp - Pyro, Oil Temp
    Autometer Sport Comp Boost/Vac in Custom Hypersonic Gauge Mount in dash

LS-1 6.0L w/AFR 205cc Street Heads
    Vortech V2 blower
    42# Injectors
    Comp Cam - Custom Street Grind
    TTS Catback Exhaust
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2
    Tune and Trans mods via EFILive V1-V2

Yes

Attacking is the right word. Sometimes development can grind to a halt because of one or two problems. And many times those problems are only solved after hours (sometimes days) researching on the internet. I'm thinking about starting up a "developer solutions" forum topic where I can post up issues that are holding up development and hopefully with more people helping with research, the solutions will be speedier.

Regards
    Paul
    Most of the time I have no idea what you guys are saying. But one of the things that drew me to EFI live was the fact that you guys use so much input from your customers. I was a member on this forum for a long time before I took the plunge, and I read many topics where members gave there input on how things needed to be changed. It seems, to me, that a better product can be developed with this process and, of the tuners I looked at, you guys are the only ones that seem to be doing this and are very active in your forums answering questions and getting input from the users.
    Keep up the good work.

I agree with Sparky... Paul does listen to us, and where possible he implements.

Could someone explain Autocal to me? I am new at tuning my 2006 LBZ Duramax. I would love to be able to have multiple tunes available with the push of a button. Is this Autocal or will I be waiting for multiple tunes via V2?

Thanks,
    Ed
    2006 Dually LBZ
    5" T'Back MBRP
    EFI friggin awesome Live
    TransGo Jr.

Lifetime Member

To do switchable tunes, you're going to be using your FlashScan V2 man. AutoCal is for mail-order tuners (or tuners in general) so they can send a custom tune to a customer. The customer downloads their stock tune(s) to the AutoCal then it flashes the custom tune to the controller(s). This way customers can revert back to stock in a few minutes vs sending a PCM/ECM/TCM back to a tuner.

Although switchable tunes arent available for the LBZ/LMM yet, either have to wait for that or wait for BBF (BlackBox Flashing). When BBF comes out (hopefully soon) you will be able to reprogram your LBZ by reflashing different tunes from your V2.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Sorry, I didn't see this thread until just now... The less you hear from me the more I'm working on delivering new features.

The standalone flashing is in development and a lot of effort is going into having it ready to demonstrate (and possibly beta test) by SEMA.

The version 8 software is being released in stages. The first stage, EFILive Explorer is already released. The second stage, a user friendly front end for black box logging is almost ready to hit beta. The third stage, standalone reading is (as I said above) hopefully going to be ready for beta testing at SEMA.

The PC based V8 tune editor and scan tool charting software are scheduled to be completed after that. The scan tool will be done first (its the most complex) and the tune editor close behind.

Meanwhile, our all new web site/store is nearly done. That should make an appearance in the next few weeks.

Regards
    Paul
    So what happened to standalone reading (and flashing) ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast