Thread: key code

Default key code

Can someone help me so i can get started? I registered the software under the help tab (it doesn't say weather or not it needs an internet connection). Next I go to the register VIN with V2 under help tab. Says I have 2 available that came with software. So how do I get mine entered so I can get started. Cannot find anything in instructions. All data shows up on screen but at bottom it asks for Authorization code (key code supplied by efi live). Did this key code come with my package wrote down somewhere of do I have to contact efi live to get it? Software is loaded and i'm connected to the DLC but cannot read anything. I am anxious to get started and getting frustrated. Am I even doing this right or am I completely missing something?

Welcome to the forum Beaukz28.

You should have received a blue card with your EFILive purchase that contains your license information.

To licesnse your PCM to Flashscan is done when you attempt to flash the PCM.

do i need to be online to register it?
    Also, I want to read the stock PCM calibration so I can save it but that isn,t lit up in the drop down menu for me to select. It seems like I'm not comunicating with the vehicle. Not sure why. I will reread and try again. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by beaukz28 View Post
    do i need to be online to register it?
    Also, I want to read the stock PCM calibration so I can save it but that isn,t lit up in the drop down menu for me to select. It seems like I'm not comunicating with the vehicle. Not sure why. I will reread and try again. Thanks for your time.
    No, you don't have to be onlein to register it... just go Help->Register and enter the details from the blue card.

Have you been able to read the PCM...?

V2 displays the protocol (CAN/VPW) and the module count in the lower right corner of the LCD screen... press CTRL+OK until you see the protocol and a non-zero module count... then using the tunetool software you should be able to read the flash... no license is required.