Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: U1016

I can try to answer whatever you give me. Let me do a little more thinking on the fuel problem and get back to you. Thanks for clearing those things up. As for the pinging. I've seen several things cause this. It seems to be worse on the trucks and tahoes around the 2000 modle year. There was a GM bulletin to replace the knock sensors and harness. They would corrode down in the bore of the sensors from getting water down in there. Water will run down in from the back. Mostly on vehicles that were pressure washed alot. Also they had you put rtv around the holes to make the water run around them. That is the only thing that gm has. Now i've had vehicles that got a fuel filter every 10k miles or they would start to ping. Also use a good filter. No cheep aftermarket stuff. Also getting rid of the platnum (100k) plugs and going to a coolder regular style plug will help. And the last thing is the fuel pump. Pressures will be fine but sometimes they just don't supply enough volume. Especially with mods. Some people push a lot of hp on the stock pump, but I have seen them cause this for the volume problem. Hoped I helped.

As far as I know, GM has always primed the fuel system before cranking and after the vehicle is shut off. This is normal. I'm not sure what kind of car you have but if it has an egr valve make sure it isn't stuck open. This will cause your concern. Also make sure your fuel pressure isn't bleeding off. After it primes it should drop approx. 5-10 psi and pretty much hold steady.

can someone give me an opinion on this log.
    007.efi

IBPW cuts out under throttle.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

It looks like every time you leave the idle tables, it looses all fueling control.

yes,
    the injectors just drop off when the throttle is touched.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516