Thread: rolling idle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default rolling idle

Hi everyone, Yesterday i installed a new comp cam into my clubsport. I got the car idling good and have done a quick RAFIG/RAFPN (will be doing a proper RAFIG/RAFPN in the morning when it is dead cold) and done about 1 hours worth of auto ve, The thing that has me stumped is that when you cruise at about 60km/hr and get off the throttle it seems to hang around the 1500-1800RPM mark with no throttle at all. untill you get on the brakes and slow down then it comes down to normal. I'm wondering if this could be related to desired airflow being set to high so when you get of the throttle it's got too much air flow, Or could it be that the throttle cracker and follower tables need looking at. I have posted a copy of my current tune.
    The details of the engine can be seen in my sig.

Any help would be great as this is my first cam tune, please look over what i have done so far, all sugestions would be much appreciated.

Regards James
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 VY2 Clubsport, COMP 228/230 .571"/.573" 112LSA, Patriot gold springs, Rollmaster, Manley pushrods, 1.7 YT ultralites, 25% Underdrive, Pacemaker 1.75" 4 into 1's, Magnaflo metal cats, twin Difilippo 2.5", KAAZ LSD with 3.73's, Stone Racing 4L60E, EFILIVE COS5 OLSD, PLX SM-AFR/DM-5. 380rwhp/696nm