Thread: Opening Tune Files

Default Opening Tune Files

Now, this may be more of a question regarding my XP OS rather than EFI, but I will ask here anyhow.

I have all of my tunes saved to a folder on my desktop and when I want to open a tune to compare with one I already have open, it goes to the basic tune folder inside the EFI Folder (E35 or 85 I think). Is there any way I can set it so that when I click on compare, it will go straight to my tune folder on the desktop?

Or will I have to move all of my tunes into that folder and just put a shortcut on the desktop?

Thanks for your help.
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

In the Scan Tool, under the Edit->Properties menu option there is a Folders tab. There is an entry for Bins which you can set to be the location you want.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Sweet! Many thanks. You just made my life easier by saving me 3 seconds everytime I look at tunes!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ View Post
    Sweet! Many thanks. You just made my life easier by saving me 3 seconds everytime I look at tunes!!
    X2...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

Lifetime Member

Ive been wondering about this...thanks for the easy fix.

And for V8 it might be a good idea to mimic this command in the tune tool, that way the settings can be changed in either program.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.