Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: E38 VVE Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmotorsport View Post
    Original - Don't mined the huge jump at the start, turned AC on. But you can see as IAT was rising the AFR marginally drifted.

Updated - After ECT came to temp and Commanded AFR settled at 14.55 the AFR never drifted from 13.30 as the IAT rose.

I will need to check this all again once temps cool down, start up IAT is already at 34. But at this stage I am satisfied that IAT temp wont affect me BEN MAP while logging out on the road to dial my VVE in.
    Ok, good.

Can you account for the difference in AFR from 14.55 to 13.30...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok, good.

Can you account for the difference in AFR from 14.55 to 13.30...?
    I wil start to fiddle with the VVE around the idle area and see if that improves it if not I will start to look elsewhere. I'm fairly certain I should get it in the VE as when revs change from AC on to AC off the AFR moves around so my thinking was there is some differences in VE at this MAP and RPM points

I wil start to fiddle with the VVE around the idle area and see if that improves it if not I will start to look elsewhere. I'm fairly certain I should get it in the VE as when revs change from AC on to AC off the AFR moves around so my thinking was there is some differences in VE at this MAP and RPM points
    adjusted the VVE based on the BEN MAP for the IDLE area and nothing changed with W02 AFR so not sure if I'm adjusting the VVE right or the W02 is displaying a false reading. Once I multiply with the figures from my BEN map I generate coefs and then generate VVE is this correct?

Also, does the pid SAE.LAMBDA work...?
    Yes I have now selected it for further logging.

adjusted the VVE based on the BEN MAP for the IDLE area and nothing changed with W02 AFR so not sure if I'm adjusting the VVE right or the W02 is displaying a false reading.
    At idle, if cam has sufficient overlap, you may get unburnt fuel/oxygen passing into exhaust, this registers lean on wideband, and when you correct for this in VE/VVE it seems to make no difference.

Once I multiply with the figures from my BEN map I generate coefs and then generate VVE is this correct?
    Yes. correct.

At idle, if cam has sufficient overlap, you may get unburnt fuel/oxygen passing into exhaust, this registers lean on wideband, and when you correct for this in VE/VVE it seems to make no difference.

Yes. correct.
    Standard cam so overlap won't be an issue, I'm showing rich at idle so I guess I just need to keep dialling in the VVE in this area until it's the same as commanded.

I also have a odd start issue where it starts and then split second it stumbles the just idles perfect.

Also what is the difference between the VVE OPEN and the VVE CLOSED?

IMTV = intake manifold tuning valve (i.e. intake manifold variable length runners)

open and closed are the two positions (open = long runner, closed = short runner, unless I got them vice-versa)

if engine is not fitted with IMTV then use the IMTV Open VVE tables.

Standard cam so overlap won't be an issue, I'm showing rich at idle so I guess I just need to keep dialling in the VVE in this area until it's the same as commanded.

I also have a odd start issue where it starts and then split second it stumbles the just idles perfect.
    Try it, but note that the VVE surface should "flow" and not have any abnormal/sudden change.

IMTV = intake manifold tuning valve (i.e. intake manifold variable length runners)

open and closed are the two positions (open = long runner, closed = short runner, unless I got them vice-versa)

if engine is not fitted with IMTV then use the IMTV Open VVE tables.
    Ah yep that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast