Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 VVE Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    If all goes well with this Saturday's 6 million dollar Lotto dray, it will be first thing Sunday
    I'm waiting to win Lotto too, only problem is I don't enter it
    I also can't justify spending HSV kind of money on something I'd only drive once a week at best (I must be getting old), mind you, I'd happily stare at a new Z06 in the garage any day.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So my odds are only marginally better than yours then LOL
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I'll find an excuse to drive it everyday...

On page 3 under "Set Command AFRs",

The setting for "Parameter: B0146 Set all cells over 80' to 1.00". Does the 80' refer to the intake valve temp axis or does it refer to the kpa axis? If it is referring to the intake valve temp axis and 80' (or 80*) is that in Celsius or Fahrenheit?

I think the way I read it in my case (I view temps in Imperial) is set every cell over 176*F IVT to 1.00. Would that be correct?

Or could I change the complete table to 1.00 since I won't be using E80 fuel during my Auto VVE process? It refered to using this table after the E80 blending has been calculated. But, I'm sure I don't understand that table correctly.

b0146 deals with IVT and MAP, so the 80' refers to IVT. And yes, it's Celsius, but you can substitute a value that is just under the normal operating temp of the car. That way you can ensure that this table won't change the commanded AFR's at unexpected times.

The table its self has nothing to do with Ethanol based fuels. It's the final correction factor to the OL fuel calculations after all other calculations have been done ( including the ethanol calculations ). What this table will do is allow you to alter the OL commanded fuel depending on both IVT and MAP. It can be very useful if used correctly.

Simon.

I didn't think I understood that table correctly, but I do now. Simon, thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial for us who need step by step help.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    b0146 deals with IVT and MAP, so the 80' refers to IVT. And yes, it's Celsius, but you can substitute a value that is just under the normal operating temp of the car. That way you can ensure that this table won't change the commanded AFR's at unexpected times.

The table its self has nothing to do with Ethanol based fuels. It's the final correction factor to the OL fuel calculations after all other calculations have been done ( including the ethanol calculations ). What this table will do is allow you to alter the OL commanded fuel depending on both IVT and MAP. It can be very useful if used correctly.

Simon.
    Nice work Simon, Your work helps so many.
    Many Thanks Ian

Lifetime Member

Excellent and extremely well thought out document. Very generous of you to share the many hours of work you and your collaborators put into the knowledge to create such and informative source of information for VVE tuning.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad a few are finding this useful. I've made another update to the guide......

To help with dialing in the VVE, there is now a section on calibrating the base injector flow rate with IAT. Many will know that as IAT goes up, the AFR's can tend to lean out, so you need to add more fuel to correct for this. the new section describes one method to help set up B1213, resulting in stable AFR's for all IAT's.

Simon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad a few are finding this useful. I've made another update to the guide......

To help with dialing in the VVE, there is now a section on calibrating the base injector flow rate with IAT. Many will know that as IAT goes up, the AFR's can tend to lean out, so you need to add more fuel to correct for this. the new section describes one method to help set up B1213, resulting in stable AFR's for all IAT's.

Simon.
    Thanks again Simon. Excellent work.

Interesting that Holden never bothered with B1213. Maybe it just fell outside of the ADR drive cycle and was not a priority for them. Chevy certainly looked at it a little, but not as comprehensive as your work.

Any effect on drivability/throttle response/smoothness?

Cheers.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast