Thread: Selecting PIDs

Default Selecting PIDs

I finally decided to upgrade my V2 for BB logging, etc. I am currently running:

Scan - V7.5.4 Build 66
    Tune - V7.5.4 Build 66
    Bootblock - 2.5.08
    Firmware - 2.5.20

I copied my PIDs, Dash, Tunes, etc. from V7 to V7.5 after upgrading. Everything seems to work, including my old scans and tunes. My problem is selecting PIDs with the V2. When I connect the V2 to the computer and open Scan Tool and connect to the V2, the "Program Selected PIDs into Flashscan" is grayed out in Scan Tool. If I select F1 (Select PIDs) on the V2, I get "Options.ini not found."

On the V2, I selected "Internal" Data File (since I do not have an SD card) and formatted. I also loaded all of the Configuration Files in EFI Explorer as instructed.

Obviously I missed something somewhere, but I have not been able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You will need to use EFILive Explorer, EE, to work with the V2 file system. You may want to check out the serial logging tutorial as it covers the basic steps of setting up V2 and copying the options.ini file to V2.

Worked like a charm. Thank you, TAQuickness!

I saw that tutorial when searching, but didn't pay any attention to it because I am not using a WB.

Now, I assume we are limited in the PID selection for right now? Only 8 and only from the list?

Update: Just checked the PID file and there are way more than 8! Cool!
    Last edited by mnotx; September 5th, 2008 at 07:55 AM.

Take a look at the respective (to PCM) PID descriptor files. They contain a complete list of supported PIDs you can BBL with. You'll need to manually edit the options.ini file with a text editor to add them into the V2 PID list.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post

Take a look at the respective (to PCM) PID descriptor files. They contain a complete list of supported PIDs you can BBL with. You'll need to manually edit the options.ini file with a text editor to add them into the V2 PID list.

Is there a thread with a tutorial on how to add them into V2?

If you log from just one car, you can setup multiple-themed pid lists for the one car, see my options.ini attachment (remove the .txt from the end of the filename).
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's cool. I didn't know that could be done. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you log from just one car, you can setup multiple-themed pid lists for the one car, see my options.ini attachment (remove the .txt from the end of the filename).
    02 C5 Coupe - LS7, TSP 265 LS7 heads, ARH, Z06 cat-back, HREs, 3.73 gears, Wilwood brakes, DeWitts radiator

15 C7 Z5 1 Coupe - stock for now

12 Avalanche - tune, Corsa Touring

Pretty cool! But I am still not sure how you select the PIDs and put them into the Options.ini file. Do you copy them from the PID description folder and paste them into the Options.ini file? If so, what exactly do you copy? Or are all of the PIDs in the PID description folder already included in the Options.ini file for the selected operating system?

Sorry to be a pain, but this is something I know nothing about.

For now, you will need to manually enter the PID names you want to BBL into the options ini file. Options has examples of the PID syntax/format.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness View Post
    For now, you will need to manually enter the PID names you want to BBL into the options ini file. Options has examples of the PID syntax/format.
    Got it. Thanks! I saved a copy of the ini file to play with and then re-import it to V2. That way I can revert back to the original if necessary.

Thanks again, guys!