Thread: 454 strange spark advance

Default 454 strange spark advance

ok i was logging my truck and im very confused on my spark advance. when at an idle in park it is 26.5-27. drops a little when i put it in gear, and when im rolling in gear or barly hitting the throttle its at anywhere from like 25-32. but when i mash the throttle it drops way down to the teens and i dont believe it ever really got over 23 degrees advanced timing. When it shifts it drops to about 5-6 and then spikes back up. my tune is set up to run 29 degrees advanced so how am i getting up to 32 and why is it when im just ideling around? it seems like my table is backwards or something.

Post your tune file and a log file, if that's ok.

here they are the tune-timing and trans adjust.tun
    and here is the log-holeshot.efi
    from a dead stop till the top of 3rd gear doin about 90 i believe it was. and for all i know it could be way off from what i need and want (prolly is) because im still tryin to learn all of this. so any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

It looks like it is commanding exactly what you are asking for according to the log and tune. You need to modify the HIGH octane table to what you want it to be. 80-100kpa for wot
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

what do u mean by the high octane table. are talking about PE mode? i am looking at the tune file right now and i dont quite understand which table u mean. if you could explain it in a different way maybe. sry i have been at this for about 4 months now and alot of the program is still way out of my league.

B5913
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

thank you