Thread: Using the pcm controlled shift light

Default Using the pcm controlled shift light

Ok, i'm not the greatest with electrical stuff, could someone help me with instructions on how to setup a shift light in my 2002 Z06?

I found a couple of threads on this, but i'm a little confused on what exactly to do as far as the wiring using the pcm pins and building a light (i'd like to do my own LEDs)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1992 Turbo LSX Notchback Mustang 275 radial car - under construction
    2008 Sierra 2500HD Duramax

LED's don't work too well, you need to use real globes. The LED's will stay lit (dim) when not on.
    If using a globe one side needs to go to +12V Ign, the other side to the PCM pin, but sorry, I don't recall the pin number.
    FYI, on the Holden HSV they had a shift light from factory, they always false triggered, it's not the best system to use for a real shift light.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

LEDs are pretty much fine - I've got some (6) ultra-bright yellow LEDs ... I hooked them up for starters to see how "bad" the glow during off-time is ... it's not too bad ... anyway, if it's too much for you, you can always add a bit of electronics to control the light with a transistor ...
    Anyway, I got mine in the air duct of the center console ... nice and mostly invisible ... if I don't want to see it at night, I can just close the vents
    Oh, and I've not had any problems with "wrong" triggering - they've not come on too early or outside the shift range, and according to my quartermile logs, it came on at the right time
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Nice one, I just remember riding in Paul's (ex) HSV GTS which had a shiftlight fitted from factory, it used to come on (with an annoying beep) when taking off from a stand still every now and then

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Nice one, I just remember riding in Paul's (ex) HSV GTS which had a shiftlight fitted from factory, it used to come on (with an annoying beep) when taking off from a stand still every now and then

Cheers,
    Ross
    My GTO has the shift light built in, but disabled from GM. Any idea how to enable it?
    2004 GTO M6
    - Custom tune
    -- KnN CAI
    --- IAT relocate
    ---- JBA catless mids
    ----- JBA catback
    ----- DBA 4000XS rotors
    ------ 05/06 rear bumper conversaion
    ------- 25% tint all arround