Thread: running open loop

Default running open loop

Hello everyone, I'm after some advice on running in open loop SD V's closed loop SD.
    Iv'e done the auto ve on my car after changing the cam 2 weeks ago and got it running really good in open loop, once the auto ve was complete i changed back to closed loop and noticed a 3ltr/100km increase in fuel consumption on the highway and around town, And just did'nt feel right
    Would it be ok to run open loop all the time and use A0014 to ajust fueling under varying IAT, And also keep using DFCO?

Interested to know what the general feeling is with the guys running open loop.
    Any advice would be much appreciated as it would help me make my decision.

Regards James.
    2004 VY2 Clubsport, COMP 228/230 .571"/.573" 112LSA, Patriot gold springs, Rollmaster, Manley pushrods, 1.7 YT ultralites, 25% Underdrive, Pacemaker 1.75" 4 into 1's, Magnaflo metal cats, twin Difilippo 2.5", KAAZ LSD with 3.73's, Stone Racing 4L60E, EFILIVE COS5 OLSD, PLX SM-AFR/DM-5. 380rwhp/696nm

I think you'll find alot of guys run full time OLSD. I have for the past year or so but just recently changed to OLMAF to try to combat the lean tip in issues us roots blower guys see. Transient fuelling tables would fix that and then I could run OLSD all the time.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Hi Howard, One of the things that i noticed is that the 02's seemed very unstable when i changed back to closed loop, This may be because of the overlap on the cam and they can't chase the 14.63 steady enough.
    Getting back to open loop, Is there any reason why i can't use DFCO and try to get the lean cruise to run properly in open loop SD? I have had a bit of trouble with setting up lean cruise in COS 5 in the past with it setting a rich cruise if it was enabled when i was in the richer cells of B3647 under accelleration. Also what would happen if i set the entire B3647 table to 14.63 and used the PE tables B3618, B3616 to comand my richer mixtures, Will that work or am i way off with that one.

Just trying to see what can and can't be done.

Regards James.
    2004 VY2 Clubsport, COMP 228/230 .571"/.573" 112LSA, Patriot gold springs, Rollmaster, Manley pushrods, 1.7 YT ultralites, 25% Underdrive, Pacemaker 1.75" 4 into 1's, Magnaflo metal cats, twin Difilippo 2.5", KAAZ LSD with 3.73's, Stone Racing 4L60E, EFILIVE COS5 OLSD, PLX SM-AFR/DM-5. 380rwhp/696nm